Climate control

I have just bought a Fabia 3 58 plate 1.4 which has only done 13000 miles. When I turn the climate  control to LO it doesn't seem very cold. I had the ECON on as suggested. Any ideas?

Skoda/VW are inconsistent.

Some do not have an air con on/off button, they have an "Econ" (ie Economy) button.  Turning on the "econ" button turns off the air con to improve fuel consumption.

My 06 Octavia had an econ button

My 10 Octavia had air con on/off button

My 13 Roomster has air con on/off button

I would never have thought that "Econ" means "AC off", the "AC" button on off makes more sense to me. What annoys me a bit though is that "Auto" always switches on the AC at the same time...

No help to the OP,but a Japanese car I had years ago had full A/c, "Econ" which was partial or half A/c if you like,as well as totally switching off the A/c ,of course.

No help to the OP,but a Japanese car I had years ago had full A/c, "Econ" which was partial or half A/c if you like,as well as totally switching off the A/c ,of course.

How does that work then?

Surely the A/C compressor is either on (which gives you nice cold air but uses more fuel) or off (which doesn't use as much fuel but also doesn't cool the air).

The post above sounds like the auto setting and when you turn ac off the cold air lasts for a few mins before getting warm and then the ac should cone back on to recool the air.......... I think anyway lol.

Welcome to the forum.

Just see if the A/C needs Serviced, Re-gassed if you have tried the different settings and it does not produce cold enough air into the car.

A/C on, set at 'Low' and allow some time for the refrigeration to do its thing,

if the air in not getting chilled then it is not working.

It will work different maybe on a 30 degree ambient day compared to a 20 degree one, but it should still lower the temp of the air coming into the cabin.

george

econ, think air-con GONE, no econ , air- con ON! Also, if auto is switched on, you can re-press econ, to again switch air-con off, whilst still having the auto feature, but it wont go colder then ambient temp.