Remote control

djl

I have a Yeti 2013 2.0 TDI DSG, and after altering some of the settings in the Maxidot covering the remote control, the remote will not now communicate with the vehicle.

I now need to lock and unlock the car with the key, everything else seems to work as it should do but I still can't work the locking/unlocking with the remote. I have tried carrying out the "Remote control synchronisation" proceedure described in the handbook, without success and I removed/replaced the remote battery in the hope of a "reboot" again no joy.

Has anyone else encounterd this problem and if so will they please,please let me know how they resolved it?

I have a Yeti 2013 2.0 TDI DSG, and after altering some of the settings in the Maxidot covering the remote control, the remote will not now communicate with the vehicle.

I now need to lock and unlock the car with the key, everything else seems to work as it should do but I still can't work the locking/unlocking with the remote. I have tried carrying out the "Remote control synchronisation" proceedure described in the handbook, without success and I removed/replaced the remote battery in the hope of a "reboot" again no joy.

Has anyone else encounterd this problem and if so will they please,please let me know how they resolved it?

Perhaps you did something wrong?

Take it back to the standard settings and then see if it is OK.

Hi Llanigraham,

Thanks for your response, when you say "standard settings" what do you mean?I am new to using the Maxidot so it's quite likely that I have done something wrong, but I'll keep reading and hopping some kind souls will point me in the right direction.

Hi Brijo,

I just put the key in the ignition an dswitch on, havn't had any problems yet.It also sets the alarm as I tested the trailer socket I've just fitted and the alarm sounds when I unplug the plug.

'I just put the key in the ignition an dswitch on, havn't had any problems yet.It also sets the alarm as I tested the trailer socket I've just fitted and the alarm sounds when I unplug the plug'.

This is what it should do;

Open the door with key then a time delay to turn on the ignition before alarm sets off.

When car locked, unplug towing socket alarm sets off straight away. 

Do both your keys have the same problem? 

1) Press the button on the key to unlock the car. (it will not work)
2) Immediately after unlock the car with the mechanical stiletto key.
3) Immediately after start the car.
4) Stop the car and exit the vehicle.
5) Test if it works now...

Hi Speedster,

Tried your suggestion with both keys but it didn't work.Thanks for your suggestion.

Hi Speedster,

Tried your suggestion with both keys but it didn't work.Thanks for your suggestion.

Never had to do it myself, but did you try depressing the unlock button for at least 1 second?

Do you have VCDS handy to check for errors stored?

Yes I pressed unlock button for at least a second. I do have access to a VCDS, I intend to scan it tomorrow, but I'm very new to it.

Yes I pressed unlock button for at least a second. I do have access to a VCDS, I intend to scan it tomorrow, but I'm very new to it.

You will find all the info for checking and re-programming keys in the Rosstech site FAQ section.

Good point Graham. I don't know about the Yeti properly; but I am able to "superlock" my Subaru so that one has to unlock it with the key (not the remote). However, the alarm does go off; not a problem as you're standing next to the car and can put the key in the ignition quite quickly and tap in the code. I think "superlock" just means deadlocking the doors and I seem to remember a facility to do that with the Yeti. I will look it up now.

Edit: Can't find anything...

Edited by freedie

I tried to change the system from the one it came with ( a "double" press of the key to open all the doors) to a "normal" one i.e. one press opens all the doors. I didn't make notes (unfortunately) but I didn't expect such a result from that.

Yes I have used the VCDS ,to programme the trailer socket. I didn't get the problem with the remote until after I had removed the VCDS and was resetting the Maxidot to get rid of DRL which were flattening the battery very quickly.

Yup sounds like someone playing with vcds, as restore defaults would restore any values set at the factory, changed with dealer VAS or VCDS.

1st rule of VCDS is write down the coding before going into anything

2 rule is don't touch a setting unless you know exactly what it is.

As an example there's one setting called speed limiter. This value can only be adjusted DOWNWARDS and cannot be undone. It's new ECU time

I accept your point gadgetman, and I did do an auto scan regularly and repeatedly whilst using the VCDS and printed them out and studied them.As far as settings go I wonder how many people know exactly what it is when using the VCDS especially when the language used is American.

If you are suggesting that no-one knows how to use VCDS and that DRLs flatten batteries, I think this says more about YOU than about anyone or anything else. As gadgetman so succintly put it "It's new ECU time". The worry I have is that whilst having to open your car with the key is not in itself dangerous, what else might you have altered without realising? Good luck.

I am not suggesting that "no-one knows how to use VCDS" nor was I suggesting "that DRL's flatten batteries" (the headlamps being on whenever the ignition was on was flattening my battery. I would appreciate gadgetman explaining his comment "it's new ECU time" though.

I am not suggesting that "no-one knows how to use VCDS" nor was I suggesting "that DRL's flatten batteries" (the headlamps being on whenever the ignition was on was flattening my battery. I would appreciate gadgetman explaining his comment "it's new ECU time" though.

How can the DRL's flatten the battery?

The headlights are nothing to do with the ignition or the DRL's!!

Why did you assume that something that applied to a Subaru would be the same with a Skoda? If you read the Handbook it tells you that the car is automatically deadlocked when the car is locked, and that there is a button in the car to disable it.

And it may be new ECU time because potentially you have altered something that cannot be revoked.

only if you have messed with the speed limit setting I mentioned.

If you've only messed with the remote, then you just need to recode and re-pair the fobs.

Moved to vcds forum for you