Airbag error

Assuming you're in the UK then yes it's covered by the warranty!

There was a fault and recall on some of the earlier MK2 Octavias for the airbag wiring, but yours is too new for it to be that.  Let us know what the dealer does, it might help someone else in future!

TKW

I did read on another thread that someone wasn't covered by a particular garage. His car was on an extended warranty and they said it was an exclusion under wiring. I don't see any such exclusions on my warranty booklet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Took my car for a few repairs including the airbag error. Fixed the airbag error yesterday. Apparently the wires were loose. Drove round a roundabout today and beep, airbag error again. This Is after I had to go back again for the wheel to be touched up and reflector replaced. Not a good start to my Skoda experience. Im Italian, and people slag off fiats and Alfas. I've had more problems with German cars.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Hi all. I've only had my car 3 weeks and already a warning light. Airbag error. Took it to the stealers and it was fixed. A day later it came on again whilst driving. Taking it back tomorrow so would like to know if anyone has had this problem resolved. I've read various threads but there weren't many resolved conclusions.

It's a common issue with this car, to do with a loose Airbag Connector under the seat. I had this too for a long time before I bypassed the connector and connected the 3 wires individually  to the corresponding wires on the other side of the Connector. It's almost a year now and the error has never come up. A lot of threads here detailing the problem and the solution, a search might help.

Took the car back again today. Had to leave it all day, even though I was booked in at 11.30am. Picked it up at 4.30 and it was still not fixed. All day for a diagnostics. Needs a part ordering so I have to take it back Thursday again. No apology or anything again. Im on a weeks holiday and I'm spending it at wings Peterborough. What a joke!

The dealer has just had attempt number 4 to fix my drivers seat airbag problems.  This time they replaced the wiring, unfortunately it is very intermittent, so I will have to wait a month or 3 to see if it's OK.

I had this problem in the passenger seat. The dealer I bough it from (non Skoda) cut the plug off the seat and into the floor and soldered them. I had it come back 3 times while driving and nobody was in the seat, so it was quite annoying. I ended up cutting out the dealer repair and soldered myself, taking care to heat shrink each conection and then the wire as a whole. That was over a year ago and it has'nt come back since.

Trundlenut. That's sad to hear. German efficiency ey.

More like English incompetence, last time they had it they couldn't even manage to read the job card properly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

That sounds familiar mate. Its not wings in peterborough is it? I had to take my car back twice for things that weren't put down on a card even though I'd discussed it with the sales manager minutes before I left the car. Have you ever had an apology from.them? Not even close for me.

That sounds familiar mate. Its not wings in peterborough is it? I had to take my car back twice for things that weren't put down on a card even though I'd discussed it with the sales manager minutes before I left the car. Have you ever had an apology from.them? Not even close for me.

No not Wings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Took the car in again today to have the module changed. Only need it 2 hours they said. 5 hours later I'm ringing them up to check what's happening. Shock, it isn't the module. They also changed the airbag and it isn't that either. Took my car out for 20 minute run, twice and the light came in again. They now want the car for 2 days and will give me a hire car. That will be 5 days in total. I'm supposed to be on holiday for a week. My car has spent more time at skoda than with me. Its my sons birthday sat and I'm driving him to anfield as a surprise. No way I'm doing that in a hire car. The customer service manager said they have eliminated 50% of what it can be. Thats good. Only another 5 days and it should be fixed. What do you guys think??

The cs manager also said that they are using a similar cars parts to try and eliminate the issue. I hope they're not leaving older parts in mine.

Took the car in again today to have the module changed. Only need it 2 hours they said. 5 hours later I'm ringing them up to check what's happening. Shock, it isn't the module. They also changed the airbag and it isn't that either. Took my car out for 20 minute run, twice and the light came in again. They now want the car for 2 days and will give me a hire car. That will be 5 days in total. I'm supposed to be on holiday for a week. My car has spent more time at skoda than with me. Its my sons birthday sat and I'm driving him to anfield as a surprise. No way I'm doing that in a hire car. The customer service manager said they have eliminated 50% of what it can be. Thats good. Only another 5 days and it should be fixed. What do you guys think??

The cs manager also said that they are using a similar cars parts to try and eliminate the issue. I hope they're not leaving older parts in mine.

Update on airbag error. Car has spent 3 days at wings, on top of the other 2 days attempts. Everything had been replaced including wiring today. Customer service manager has been taking it home everyday to test it (30 miles each way). The light has still come on after replacing the airbag, module, etc etc. Wiring being replaced today. He wants to.test it again tonight and tomoro morning. I agreed as I'm getting fed up now and would rather have it back sorted. Fingers crossed it will be okay. I think the mileage has doubled since I bought it.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the airbag warning light come on my 2 1/2 year old yeti. First of all the driver's airbag was replaced (by West End Dunfermline). Got to the first roundabout while driving home and there was a ping and the light came on again. Next attempt was to replace the airbag control unit but according to the garage there was still an intermittent fault - I didn't get the car back from the garage as by now had a courtesy car. Finally they replaced a slip ring and the car has been fine all of this week. I guess it must have been tricky for garage to find, and because they had to order in each part the car was off the road for 4 days . Just as well it was under warranty.