Bored of looking at Brakes now

Mrs Pasty's car needs brakes.
all of them.
discs and pads.

have ECP'd it and Pagid all round (although no idea if i've chosen the right pads) is about £120

eBay has a SKODA FABIA VRS 1.9 TDi & 2.0 MINTEX FRONT & REAR BRAKE DISCS AND PADS SET and i think Mintex is decent stuff.

I did consider going down a drilled and grooved route
SKODA FABIA 1.9 TDi VRS FRONT & REAR Drilled/Grooved Brake Discs & BREMBO
but really can't see the point on a standard commuting car and discs of unknown origin also worry me

Any other options?

Pagid. I got around Castle Combe (last time I was allowed on there) using pagid brakes.

They were fine. That was with Pagid pads too. They just clip off the wires for the sensors

when fitting them to a car that doesn't need them. Pagid are also painted so won't rust for

a long time and will stay looking good. Should keep the rears from looking like crap 2 mins

after they have been fitted.     

I got some front pads from CP4L and they were not correct fitment. So be careful.

Even though I had out my reg in etc. Need to work out what I'm going to do with them now. Pretty sure it will cost me £5 ish to send them back and they only cost about £16 anyway.

I put my reg in and it does no more than select a 1.9 diesel fabia

Doesn't go into enough detail to distinguish between the SDI, the TDI or the VRS

all 3 of which (from the multitude of options) have slightly different brakes!

I think unless spending a fair bit of money its quite close between pad/disk combos.

For that reason i've stuck with mintex all round for a while- never been disapointed with a set tbh- perfect for fast road imo.

might not be the best if you fancy some track action though.

Edited by chris69
  • Like 1

Front page of service book or on sticker under boot carpet

Will be a load of 3 digit codes, these are your pr codes, eurocarparts and carparts4less list their brakes using the pr codes so you buy right first time

sorry to be a pain i cant see how to use the pr number but are these the right disc's for a fabia vrs 2005 front

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.9_2004/p/car-parts/car-brakes/brake-friction/brake-discs/?104440798&1&f78dd935967d8cb0d20e8c936465c7d30b76d60d&000027

Yes.

Those are the same ones I linked to in post #12 (in answer to the first time you posted the question)