Bolero to Columbus?

Hi all I have a 2010 Octavia VRS with a standard Bolero stereo. I really miss having sat nav and have been looking around and came across a 2009 Columbus unit with sat nav.

Can I simply straight swap the Columbus unit for my Bolero? Are the connections the same and will the sat nav work or do I need to buy something extra?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Straight swap and route gps aerial to above the glovebox.

can code to maxidot but not necessary.

Would it be the same for an Armundsen+? I've seen one advertised for not much more money.

I've not got maxi dot or mfsw, so no worrys there.

Where's the best place to source a GPS arieal?

One last stupid question!

I'm looking at getting a Columbus RNS-510. Will it fit straight in where the Bolero is or will I have to buy a new trim. (It currently has the silver surround. 2010).

Best place to get trim is probably your local dealer (c£50 - £60 IIRC) unless you can get one from a scrappy. They're probably harder to get second hand than the Columbus though.

Sarge.

If your's is the plain silver surround trim not the brushed alloy look one I think it's a hell of a lot cheaper (sub £10?) The brushed alloy effect one is massively more! 

Interesting, I might go for this. Do the parking sensors work the same with the Columbus showing the proximity and the aircon temp after the swap?

Yes. With a bigger screen.