Exhaust Control System Light

Hi guys, for the past 2 days as I have been driving around having a little fun with my car putting it through its paces, as it almost hits the red line for some reason for about 10 seconds the exhaust control system light flashes on for about 5 - 10 seconds. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if they know what may be wrong with the car?

Cheers Ryan

I dont own a vrs myself but there is a similar thread knocking around now.

What fuel are you using. 95 or 98/99 Ron? If your using the 95 then this may be why - the vrs is recommended to be used with the higher octane fuels as it needs the extra 'bang'.

Try the above or get it plugged into diagnostics?

Cheers for the replies lads but if you look I made both posts, the problem so far is non existent using shell Vpower Nitro+ so just seeing how she runs still at the mo. Thanks for the replies :)

Ryan

• Like 1

You can take it into Skoda, tell them the light has come on occassionally.

If they know what they're doing they'll check the spark plugs and make sure they've not ruined themselves and carry out a software update to the engine control unit (if applicable)

Mine used to do the same thing took it in to the garage and the couldnt fault it picked it up drove 100 yards down the road pop light back on turned out to be spark plugs. New set fitted under warranty all fixed happy days