Viper VGA DVr dashcam review

seboni121

Hi I have purchase but not yet received this car camera

19d90a5eca9f606bee7bc58cb70a3bcb.jpg

See 1 customer image

Share your own customer images

1280P HD 2.5" LCD NIGHT VISION CCTV IN-CAR DVR ACCIDENT VIDEO PROOF CAMERA Video Recorder

by Digi4U

3.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (119 customer reviews)

Price: £15.29

Rotatable LCD, up to 270 degree. Make operate more convenience - Infra-red night-vision with 6-LED light

Real Time & Date display on video, don't need to read on computer

120 degree wide view angle shoot,Support SD/MMC card, up to 32GB

Cycled recording,Motion Detect - select this function, it will automatically record if an object movement

Cheap as chips but has had mixed reviews, so I will be giving it a review and running report once I receive

Edited by seboni121

Have you had any before seb? I have been working my way through loads of these things for the last 5 years almost now. Always like to see a impartial review and real sample videos.  :thumbup:

No I've been using my iPhone 3GS with witness app although works fine , the phone gets really hot so I thought get a DVr and that's what I've done, not here yet got it off amazon delivered for under £20 so I'm not expecting too much, reviews ive seen have been mixed but I'm after a cheapo so if it doesn't work great oneofhe kids can have it , however some reviews have been good and if it turns out too be ok I will get another for the rear screen and wire them in rather than ciggie lighter

GG sorry to disappoint :) received the package today , opened it up and wasnt impressed with packaging didnt come in a nice box , however I paid £15 so not a biggie ! Switched it on and came on , no problems but :) it wouldn't record a bloody thing ! So after several minutes of swearing , the son said have you formatted the card to the unit ? "What said I " , he said " you need to format the card in the camera " , so he formatted the card to the camera :) its recording in full HD 1080p , wired it up to the card and works a treat so here she is

8cc856aa6ad8d0d42b9d5f0a8e23e0a1.jpg

2cdc0364f7d2a1505b5540842b69716e.jpg

Edited by seboni121

Yep, as per what GentleGiant said, its a fake one that almost certainly just upscales from 640x480 and only writes 1080p files. The original manufacturer never released one that actually sampled in 1080p. I got a real one (720p) for my lass so will be interesting to compare picture quality.

lol.

Never mind, double your budget and there is a chance you will find a half decent cam.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-HD-1080P-Car-DVR-Vehicle-Camera-Video-Recorder-Dash-Cam-G-sensor-HDMI-GS8000L/939622256.html

This one looks interesting, note the number of orders for a 100% satisfaction rating!! The number of diamonds also shows a high volume seller; these people probably ship hundreds of different products every week.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-5-TFT-LCD-4-3-Car-DVR-Motion-Detection-Camcorder-Vehicle-HD-DVR-Camera-Recorder/884378127.html

This looks like the popular F900LHD, a well respected budget car cam, note the Crowns,  with over 120,000 positive ratings, this is a MAJOR shipping company with a near perfect satisfaction score.

What you wont find in 90% of the cheap end cameras is a GPS system, what they often say is GPS compatible, but give no idea what GPS or how to fit it!!

Hi I have purchase but not yet received this car camera

Share your own customer images

1280P HD 2.5" LCD NIGHT VISION

This would have had alarm bells ringing for me 1280p? meh

Can you trust the reviews ? I don't know if I've set this wrong or something ! Iran it through the mac this may bethe issue ? Or I've just been ripped off with a fake , I'd expect that from eBay not amazon though

Lots of people on Ebay AND Amazon are selling stuff they have bought from the site I linked you to; I have bought quite a bit myself, and although a couple of items werent up to scratch, 90% has been fine - and a fraction of the UK price.

Of the items that were duff, I got my money back on all but one; at £1.99 it wasnt worth returning it, but the seller did give me a discount voucher for any further purchase and a BIG apology.

If you do a bit of a search you will find the cam you were sold on sale for as little as £8 with free UK shipping.

Edited by GentleGiant

Lots of people on Ebay AND Amazon are selling stuff they have bought from the site I linked you to; I have bought quite a bit myself, and although a couple of items werent up to scratch, 90% has been fine - and a fraction of the UK price.

Of the items that were duff, I got my money back on all but one; at £1.99 it wasnt worth returning it, but the seller did give me a discount voucher for any further purchase and a BIG apology.

If you do a bit of a search you will find the cam you were sold on sale for as little as £8 with free UK shipping.

Yeah I saw them after at a lower price ! Amazon have issued me with a returns form so of it goes tomorrow ! I will have to pay postman pat though ! Serves me right for thinking cheap ! , I will use the witness app for now and how Father Christmas is kind and buys me a £100 one

Well I've viewed the footage this camera produces " a load of absolute ****e " what a was of bloody £15 now to get a refund and purchase a better unit any reviews of the sub £50 around ?

Try the Mobius action cam, true HD excellent quality. £45.00 from Hong Kong - Ebay, I have bought 3 of these units, they are really good. review can be seen on utube, Techmoan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by Lowen
  • Like 1

Well I've viewed the footage this camera produces " a load of absolute ****e " what a was of bloody £15 now to get a refund and purchase a better unit any reviews of the sub £50 around ?

What speed/ class card did you use? anything less than class 6 wont work well with video at all ....

Try the Mobius action cam, true HD excellent quality. £45.00 from Hong Kong - Ebay, I have bought 3 of these units, they are really good. review can be seen on utube, Techmoan.

That looks good :) I'm running a mac though ? Looks complicating to change stuff , son could help me do that

What speed/ class card did you use? anything less than class 6 wont work well with video at all ....

Well thing is I bought the sd card from eBay :) class 10 -16gb , when I played footage on the unit itself it was ok but putting the card in the mac & it goes crappy ?

The Mobius looks like a decent bit of kit, but it is missing a "G" sensor, file lock, and the ability to switch on and record if someone hits your car while the engine is off.

If these guys do a more feature packed cam I would look seriously at buying one.

The overlap recordings are excellent though, I dont know why every dash cam doesnt do the same.

Well thing is I bought the sd card from eBay :) class 10 -16gb , when I played footage on the unit itself it was ok but putting the card in the mac & it goes crappy ?

The screen on the unit will be lo rez, same as that on a cheap camera phone; so the picture looks good until you try to view it full size.

That looks good :) I'm running a mac though ? Looks complicating to change stuff , son could help me do that

Video format is CLIP.MOV surely a mac can cope with that.