Hello!

dean191

Hello everyone,

new to skoda ownership and not enjoying it one bit so far! Might have bought the wrong car? Looking for some sensible advice to make my vrs diseasel less of a pain in the balls!

Hello chaps, I'll go from the top!

2007 56 Octavia Vrs 2.0 pd 129k/m but a nice car. Fresh ticket, fssh, decent set of goodyears usual thing.

Bought it a couple of weeks ago to go on holiday with to sunny cornwall, sold my beloved beaten to a pulp but ultra reliable bora 110 tdi for 300 quid the same day. The DPF light comes on after 100 miles on the way home from buying it, wife takes the car to work in the morning with strict instructions regarding the re-gen, you guys know the drill. Car goes into limp on the motorway, huffs and puffs to the wife's work carpark AA is called. Got in touch with the dealer who is very sorry and very helpful, tells me it's not covered by warranty but he'll mend it out of his pocket which was cool, told to get it to a garage and get them to phone him for payment. Couldn't have been better :) decided to bin the DPF, which turned out to be a pattern bit anyway. Get home from holiday on Saturday looking forward to taking the old shed out for a spin, mate who fixed it is well impressed with it so i'm quite looking forward to it! Well it's certainly fast now, very fast, far to fast for it's clutch in 4th gear after a spirited drive at least. Fuel economy is now proper filth too, having been a fan of VAG cars for years now and knowing they always return the proper numbers with regards to mpg, that tells me the map on the ecu is a bit too sporty? Also the AC didn't wear a re-gas like they used to on the early cars, turns out the AC always breaks and it's usually the compressor? It had a funny 5 minutes coming off the motorway too yesterday, went a bit shuddery and needed me to change down to 4th to get up a slight gradient. That soon cleared mind.

All I want is a reliable, economical, bit half sporty (not quite as sporty as it is!) rattly old diesel estate car with working AC!

Plus points,

Love the radio, LOOOOOOVE the handling, love the seats, love all the clever Skoda nick nacks, it looks brilliant and drives very well.

Going to speak to the fella who did the DPF later today, reckons he might be able to put a more frugal map on it but now i'm not overly confident you know? Time will tell, thanks for reading my Monday morning moan! It's my birthday too BTW :)

Welcome, happy birthday. And it is a shame you're having trouble.

Give it some time, get some bits sorted you'll love it. I had a VW golf, changed to a Skoda Fabia vRS 1.9 TDI. Absolutely love it.

You'll get it to just how you want it, and you'll fall in love all over again!

Happy ever after and all that jazz. :hi: