AGU in a mk2 downpipe size

Not for me.

My mate has one and is wondering what size down pipe to have.

Its standard mapping with a cone filter and a side mount from a golf mounted behind the front grill.

Custom exhaust is fitted but he's using the mk 4 down pipe.

Any ideas I can forward to him ??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

it depends if he's after doing anything else to it afterwards to up the power, bigger turbo etc? I fabricated the exhuast down pipe for my agu engined felicia from 2.5" stainless pipes and elbows which is more than adequate for the power levels of a standard or chipped engine, In theory a 2.5" pipe can flow enough gas for around 250bhp, 2.25" around 185bhp.. i physically couldn't fit a 3 inch pipe through the gap it is so tight in there.. I had to get custom turbo outlet flanges laser cut with a 2.5" bore to make mine because all the off the shelf ones on offer were all 3". It's also vital that you put a flexible section in there too to prevent mechanical stresses on the turbocharger itself.

The is a company called qpe engineering who make an off the shelf down pipe for a mk2 1.8t conversion so that's worth a look too. Or if he wants to save a few quid he could do a cut and shut on the oem down pipe..

100_1088.jpg

home made down pipe ( not for a golf) but you get the general idea.

100_1089.jpg

estimate it probably cost around £180 to make this from elbows and flanges etc... Don't forget your lambda probe boss too!

100_1095.jpg

Extremely tight fit in a felicia engine bay, but oodles of room to play with in a mk2 golf

Nice one dude. I'll pass that info on later.

I don't think he looking for huge powah

It goes really well now anything huge is just gonna make the tyres light up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2