Bolero Model Year

Cheers i will get this sorted.  

Next problem on the list is i notice that both ANT1 and ANT2 say off.  Doh.  When i checked yesterday just after fitting i noticed only one said on.  But now both say off.  I will check the threads on the aerial base issue.  Could it be anything else.  I even had the stereo back out and checked the fakra connector.  All tight.  Reception works but isn't as good as it should be.  LBC seems to tail off far sooner down the M2 than it did with the Stream.  

I may have to start a snag list thread in the ice section.  

This is the one  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261163681687?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

I took the unit out just to check the connections and all were fine.  Just funny how bolero shows ANT1 and ANT2 off.  although i can clearly hear the radio.  The signal is just a bit more up and down than it was before.  31 quid for a new aerial so just wanted to make sure that this would hopefully fix the issue. 

I don't need to code something vcds to do with the ant1 and ant2 etc do I?

Thanks

Shouldn't need any additional coding, no.

Might be useful to hook up VCDS if you can, and see what faults are logged in module 56 for the radio. Hopefully with the antenna issue you're seeing there'll be something there.

Where are you based? No location info in your profile.

Jumped in car the yesterday and ant2 was now showing on and signal much better. Later in the day it then said off and signal was poor. Hopefully just the aerial base.

Based in Dartford during week and Lincoln at weekends. Hence the bolero upgrade, spending alot of time in the car lately!

Friend had vcds waiting to be used so I will give it a try.

Thanks for your help. Will report with any interesting findings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I have just bought a Bolero for my 05 plate Octavia 2.0ltr Pd Elegance, Ive purchased the aerial lead and wanted to know the part no for the suitable Can Gateway, I have seen one on Ebay part no 1K0907951 from a 07 plate Mk5 Golf ?

Sorry to hijack your thread !

Tristan