Black Magic Fabia VRS 05 -

nicknameless

Hi All,

Basically want to buy another car I've seen quickly. We buy any car offer for my VRS is £2575. £3000 would get the car rather than sell to WBAC. I am based in Birmingham. Details as follows;

2005 Magic Black Fabia VRS
MOT Feb 2014
Tax till end of August 2013
I am the 3rd owner and have had the car since May 2011. Bought on 52k miles.
92500 miles on the clock now (daily so will go up slightly)
FSH (serviced every 10k) - due an oil change in a few hundred miles.
Car is mechanically sound and running great.
312mm brake upgrade with virtually new pads and discs. New rear pads and discs approx 1 year ago.
Tyres all have decent tread.
Car is totally standard other than alloys refurbed in athracite (unmarked).
Superpro polybushed console bushes.
Cruise control
6 CD
Air con
£3k will see some virtually new Kumho winters included in the sale.

Car is not a minter. No dents or scrapes but the car has been a workhorse not show car and so not up to a detailer's standards!

If I've forgotten anything please PM.

Thanks for looking.

A few quick phone pics from lunchtime;

car2008_zps611f876c.jpg

car2009_zps2b0d2c37.jpg

car2010_zps5ad1341a.jpg

car2011_zpse78595e4.jpg

car2012_zpsf48ae02e.jpg

car2013_zps22575c35.jpg

A friend took his auris in recently. Can't remember the exact figure but it was over £1000 less than what they originally quoted. They'll still try to screw you over

Day

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

The fee is only £50, I doubt they'll be able to knock £525 off it the new way they do it is suppose to take into account age related marks. My boss sold them his old A4 without issues.

£3000 sounds like a very reasonable price IMO

GLWS

Matt

Thanks Matt.

A friend took his auris in recently. Can't remember the exact figure but it was over £1000 less than what they originally quoted. They'll still try to screw you overDay Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Thanks. I understand all the posts re WBAC. I'll take it there and see but I'll just replace the 312s and not include the winters which will make up any difference anyhow.

Now back to the matter in hand :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update everyone on this as I've had several messages and offers.

The car I was originally set on fell through and i've been in two, three and even four minds about keeping the VRS or selling up.

I will update next week if I have chosen to sell up and let the people who've messaged me have first option on viewing / buying if that's the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the saga of my indecision continues. Does anyone want this cause I've seen a car I want to go for?

Was going to keep her and she now has a fresh service (oil and all filters inc. fuel, air and pollen), new gearbox oil, and new rear dampers as these were noted as having a slight leak at service. Mileage now approaching 95k.

Also now has 6 months tax.

Bad points - passenger side washer jet isn't working. Never bothered me as I'm not a passenger. Also some very slight brake vibration at times felt through the pedal. No effect on braking performance at all and not something I've had investigated because of this.

Cambelt was done in April 2010 so will be due in the not too distant future.

Anyone with £2650 can have this with the winter tyres included (as new).

Cheers.