Skoda Octavia vRS TSI advert

According to the Skoda advert for the Octavia in the Saturday Guardian (page 12)  the vRS TSI has a turbo AND a supercharger!  I am finding it difficult to believe anything that Skoda state in brochures, leaflets and adverts.  Skoda seem to make so many errors and changes of spec.

No, it doesn't have a supercharger, only a turbocharger. I think it manages to do the job just fine with just that...  :giggle:

Exactly my point.  Perhaps some-one should tell Skoda - they seem to be confused!

Unsure about the Octavia vRS TSI but from what I've seen the Fabia vRS (1.4TSI) has both a turbocharger and a supercharger.

Don't be unsure -  the 2.0TSI engine only has a turbo.

I think you are right about the Fabia vRS 1.4TSI but I can't check at the moment as the Skoda UK web-site is down for maintenance.

Don't be unsure -  the 2.0TSI engine only has a turbo.

I think you are right about the Fabia vRS 1.4TSI but I can't check at the moment as the Skoda UK web-site is down for maintenance.

The Fabia VRS engine is indeed twin charged having both a supercharger and turbocharger. Supercharger for low down grunt and the turbo to kick in at around 3000 rpm when the supercharger start s to run out of puff.

Oh

Good job bank hols 2moro!

I was referring to a newspaper ad. and you quoted a video.  I was just having a joke with you.  Enjoy you extra day off.

• Like 1

If i remember correctly:

1.2 TSI - Turbo only

1.4 TSI - 180 bhp Turbo + Supercharged - VW power dependant 120 & 140bhp only turbo i think

1.8 TSI turbo only

2.0 TSI Turbo only

Don't quote me on these but pretty sure that roughly what they are, TSI means nothing haha