iPod connection problems

Hi,

I'm currently having problems with my 13 plate Monte Carlo's iPod connection. I had a VRS 11 plate previously and whenever I got in the car the song I was last listening to continued, yet in this car it starts with the first song on the iPod every time. I believe this is a fault as my previous car was fine. Skoda have replaced the MDI unit but say my iPod might be the problem as they tested it with an iPhone and it was fine. My iPod is 4 years old and all the software is up to date. Can any one offer any advice or help? I'm fed up of hearing the Ace of Spades start up every time I get in the car!

Vicky - I had something similar - got round the problem by creating a huge playlist on iTunes - for some reason this seems to have solved the problem an now when I get in the car it continues from where I last left off -

Hope this helps

Mine is a 5 year old - I think - iPod touch with all the iTunes updates apart from the latest one - I don't have enough space on it to download the latest software update

Sometimes my iPod doesn't even register the iPod (it does it mid song too and says no mdi connection). As I've had the mdi unit replaced I think Skoda will blame my iPod even though its up to date software. Not sure what to do as I don't see why I should change my iPod for a new one when its as good as new?! Hopefully someone on here will have a solution.