no power to switched live for radio

Was trying to fit my pioneer stereo to my vrs yeasterday, everything was working fine till I tried sliding it back into the din slot then it blew the radio fuse. Changed the fuse and ive got 12v permanent but no switched 12v feed. Checked all the fuses and they are ok. Checked the wiring in the din slot and cant see any damage. Any ideas?

Ok just found out that a 20amp fuse was fitted to the s contact (fuse 37) when the book says it should be a 10. So im thinking the s contact is fried. Where does it live? Ignition barrel?

thought id put up on here where I am at in case anyone else has this issue.  Got a mate to help me out who is quite handy with wiring, we determined that the s contact was fine (fitted a new ignition switch) and we got good continuity between the ignition connector and block A pin 7 of the radio loom, but still no voltage at pin 7 when the ignition is turned on  :wonder:.  We also read 12v directly at the spade connector which hooks up to the s contact.  I'm fairly new to these cars, but my mate used to own one and is quite handy at auto electrics and we were both stumped so decided to do a work around.  This will consist of routing a wire directly from the s contact wire to a spare pin position not being used on audio connector A, and I will rewire my radio harness to suit.  Bit of a cop out but, beats ripping apart the dashboard to find out exactly how everything is routed.