Flashing Climate control screen

Hi all,

I am sure you are all sick of me already - a new day - a new problem :(

I turned on the ignition and started the engine this morning and the climate control panel flashed about 10 times before coming to life properly. I was worried it was going to work at all. I have the climatronic system in my car and I haven't ever seen it do this before. It decided to do it twice more this afternoon. It worked ok after about 15 seconds (approx 10 flashes).

Does anyone know what this means? I have got a vag com cable to plug in (time is another thing though!) Has anyone experienced this problem with their system?

I am getting frustrated with this car - it seems to be one thing after another currently!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rich

Assume it's the same warning that the SEAT Alhambra/VW Sharan climatronic used to give. Does not indicate anything specific other than drawing your attention to the fact a fault has been recorded and the car needs connecting to VCDS or similar to read the actual error code. Could be a faulty sensor, motor, flap.

Plug it in, note and save the codes then clear them. Run about a little longer and see if the flashing comes back or the fault code reappears, sometimes it's a transient fault which can be cleared by simply removing the logged fault and sometimes it's potentially expensive

• Like 1

Many thanks for the comprehensive reply greenfieldboy. I plugged in VAGCOM and it has thrown up a fault code - 00792 which is the air con pressure switch. The air con has been playing up for weeks so the two coincide. I have already spoken to my Skoda garage about the aircon as I took out an extended warranty which I hope will cover it. I am going to send them the code too!

I cleared the code this evening and then took it for a trip (to the gym) - it started flashing again unfortunately. :(

I will keep you posted - thanks again.

Many thanks for the comprehensive reply greenfieldboy. I plugged in VAGCOM and it has thrown up a fault code - 00792 which is the air con pressure switch. The air con has been playing up for weeks so the two coincide. I have already spoken to my Skoda garage about the aircon as I took out an extended warranty which I hope will cover it. I am going to send them the code too!

I cleared the code this evening and then took it for a trip (to the gym) - it started flashing again unfortunately. :(

I will keep you posted - thanks again.

I have had this error code 2 times now.

The first was the pressure switch needed replacing and a re-gas, after 4 years (57 reg Fabia 3 1.9TDI)

The second was just a re-gas as they hadn't done the first one properly so it only lasted a few months before flashing again.

My guess is you just need a re-gas as this error code indicates both problems. Perhaps the first time my car only needed a re-gas and they didn't know, so replaced the pressurer switch anyway.

• Like 1

Many thanks both of you for the prompt replies. :)

It does need another re-gas, it lost pressure since having it re-charged in June! Yes only lasted just two months. I had it done last year and it was useless by this summer. It makes a hissing noise when I try and use it currently so there is something wrong. The local indy garage reckoned it wasn't much to worry about. I think I need to go back to Skoda and get it sorted once and for all and then return to my usual garage once the car is out of warranty!

Thanks again :thumbup: