Awesome gti remap

Interested to hear from anyone who has had the £150 remap from awesome. Im looking at getting mine mapped would like to know how smooth it feels any mpg differences and dyno graphs if anyone has them

Thanks

I saw a Yellow Mk1 Fabia vRS running an Awesome GTI remap on the rollers at a shark performance RR day.  I have never seen so much smoke from a car before!!!!!!  

I would like to put this story to bed once and for all...

The car in question was owned and developed specifically for a loyal customer of Awesome, who just so happens to be a friend of mine. 

Now this customer's requests when the mapping was done, were quite simply aimed at getting the very most out of the car that we possibly could with the hardware that it had. 

We were given the go ahead, that a clean map was not required, smoke was not an issue and that he rather enjoyed leaving a cloud behind him whenever he gave the car a good stomp of the old right foot. 

Now our customer, sold this car to another owner before it went over to this particular rolling road day, but the vehicle retained the mapping that we had previously done, and we were not asked to make any alterations to the map to clean it up any amount previous to him selling the vehicle. 

Now, we were informed by a few of our customers who were present on the day that this car was run on the rollers with a slight boost leak, which would have only added to the amount of smoke being kicked out by the car.

The point I am making here, Is that the mapping on that particular car, was not done for your average customer or daily driver looking for a bit more performance. It was a completely bespoke tune, done specifically for a friend, to his exact requirements, Nothing whatsoever like one of our regular remaps that we carry out. 

If anybody has any further questions regarding this particular instance, or with regards to any of our remaps, be it our own, or the APR software that we offer. 

Feel free to contact me on: 0161 776 0777 (option 1), or PM me on here. 

Kind regards, Al. 

Awesome Ltd.

• Like 1

Now, we were informed by a few of our customers who were present on the day that this car was run on the rollers with a slight boost leak, which would have only added to the amount of smoke being kicked out by the car. 

We have also been made aware of what would appear to be a less than professional attitude taken by the staff present on that day with regards to the mapping of this vehicle without knowing the full story, or any story for that fact behind it.

Interesting story there Al, and one I don't quite agree with.

How did your customers present identify a boost leak on the car?

There was no "less than professional attitude" on the day, quite simply the customer decided to book in with us to have the map sorted the day after, which we did. We retuned the car to stop it smoking it's backside off. I think we lost 1hp along with the torque spike, but held the power for longer without filling the workshop with smoke.

I'll refrain from posting further and filling up your forum with posts from us, but I wanted to set the record straight about the reasons why the car was retuned and the supposed attitude from me or any of my staff.

Regards

Ben

We were told the car was hissing quite loudly by a customer of ours who is also a friend of the previous owner, So obviously this is not 100%.
Again - With regards to comments made on the day about the mapping. We can't say 100% that anything was said, but we were told that members of your staff, maybe even you, were Laughing at it and slating the map that was on the vehicle and stating that we don't know what we're doing.

Now again, I don't have any proof of what was said, as I personally wasn't there to witness this, But I'm more inclined to believe the comments of customers, who have no reason to lie over that of a company who could gain from such comments. Personally, I would like to believe these comments were not said, and I certainly hope they weren't.

Again - I will stick with what I say, in that this car was mapped for one individual, and not mapped to suit the needs of the person that the vehicle was sold to.

We'll leave this here.

If you wish to discuss this further, Give me a call on 0161 776 0777 (option 1).

• Like 1