Heated rear window not working

Owens

Well I had cause to put the heated rear window (HRW) on yesterday and nothing happened. No light appeared on the switch. I did check the fuse (No. 46?) and all was on.

Does anyone know where the relay is located for the HRW? Just in case it has popped out. the wires for the HRW are folded inside the tailgate so a little tricky to see if any power is getting that far?

I would not think it would be that complicated and the heated mirrors work every time you select them? The light on our HRW switch does not light up when the switch is pushed.

Checked mine yesterday mate, and it lit up

Definitely nothing to do with having to be a certain temperature as it was a warmish day

Sounds like a relay to me

Hope you get it sorted before we need to use it properly fella

I did a quick meter check on the wires for the HRW. The black surrounds where the wires go in are just connectors. Earth is through to the body (RHS when standing and looking at the back of the car) The other side has about 3-4 V coming through which is probably just feedback. So Damo-:) your theory sounds right? I noticed the switches on the dash centre are not individual but sets of three? LH or RH. 

• 1 month later...

Well It went into the dealer today and they checked out the HRW and found it had been un-coded. I wonder how that could happen? Maybe when they did the Air bag update it got accidently changed. Luckilly they did it under warranty otherwise it would have cost £171.00 ???????

If you did in deed un-code your rear heated window ( may be misreading the thread) whilst on your vcds connection to the car, what else could you accidently switch off or disable??

Bit worrying how much is coded these days rather than being a simple fuse/relay and cable job.

Let's hope they do not make oil pumps/brake servos etc electronic could be a few mishaps ;)

Edited by Defenderben

If you did in deed un-code your rear heated window ( may be misreading the thread) whilst on your vcds connection to the car, what else could you accidently switch off or disable??

Bit worrying how much is coded these days rather than being a simple fuse/relay and cable job.

Let's hope they do not make oil pumps/brake servos etc electronic could be a few mishaps ;)

You can decode pretty much everything