Clunk noise

Hi,

My Superb II has got a clunk noise when I pass speedbumps in slow speed, the sound seems to come from the front left suspension. The dealer couldn´t find any damage or any problems in the suspension, but the sound is still there....

Does anyone know what it is? The car has only 25000km on the meter. 

The wheel setup is standard 17" 

Hi
I am following this tread, because i have the same problem. And my dealer cant find any solution  :-(
Hope that somebody can help . I am very tired of the clonk / clunk sound , when i pass bumps.

Edited by vesterby

I also have this problem, since the car was new (just over two years now).  It is quite a metallic sound, almost like a tapping sound.  It's been in twice to be looked at, the first time the dealer could not reproduce the fault, until of course, I went out with the tehnician and could make the noise just driving off the forecourt.  Being the end of the day, the technician couldn;t really be bothered to trace the fault, telling me it would probably need to get a lot worse before they could track down the source.  The second time, a few weeks ago, I went out with the technician when I dropped the car off for a service and he also heard the noise.  When I picked the car up, I was told they made various adjustments to the rear doors and the boot and they were satisified it was fixed.  Two days later, the noise cameback, so it is booked in on Thursday for another go.  I'll keep you posted.

Glen

• 1 month later...

I have been having a clunk from the rear on moving off at low speeds, and also often on right turns, for a few days. Car just failed MOT with a sheared rear anti-roll bar - which I guess would be it ! The dealer was surprised - this is not a common failure. Now waiting for parts to arrive. The car doesn't get rough treatment, has done about 53000 miles. Has anyone else experienced a fault like this ?

• 9 years later...

Hi tiasnilsson,

I have the same problem too.

The anti roll bar links were changed front and rear. My mechanic has had a look at it from to to bottom and tighten ever bolt we can think of . 

And still the problem comes when I drive over the speed bumps.

Have you managed to sort the problem out. 

Kind regards,

Moeen. 

• 3 months later...

Mine does the same. Nothing upon checking seems out of place though. 12 plate 125k miles. clunking at low speeds and its deffo coming from the left hand side.

Hi all.

To save time and money, I have found out what the cause of the problem was.💲🫰💸

It was none other than the shocker that had gone bad. You won't see it, but you will hear it. The shockers won't leaking at all and plus they were brand new Sachs shockers. It was just a faulty batch from the manufacture themselves, from the internal part of the shocker. 🚗🚙

I just put some second hands from eBay and the problem was after that. 

I hope this helps everyone who's got this problem.

Thanks,

Moeen.👍