Superb Greenline 3 information

Can anyone advise me on the following before I finalise my order for a new Greenline:

1. Does it have DAB radio or is it just touchscreen? (forgot to ask and the brochure unclear)

2. Honest John talks about the Greenline having some more tyre noise in the cabin due to being lowered by 15mm and the 205/55/r16 rolling resistance tyres. Tyre noise is something I really do not like having experienced it with my Octy VRS.

Does anyone experience significant tyre noise?

3. Any other thoughts welcomed.

Thanks very much.

Doesn't the type of radio depend on the trim level you specify? A Greenline S will get a different radio from a Greenline Elegance.

Yes you are right. I have gone for Greenline SE. I have since established it is not DAB which is a bit of a surprise given that all Octys have DAB. Disappointed but not earth shattering.

My Greenline 2 has the 16 inch Conti's which have pleased me with how quiet they are, and that comes from someone who has never before had a Conti he was happy with.  The biggest drawback with the Greenline 2 for me has been the ride, which is firmer than I would like, but somehow is not sporty either and doesn't like being hustled round corners. Overall I like the car though and in particular its low running costs.

Edited by Pesmog
  • Like 1

Well I did it! Drove the Superb. It was truly superb. Loved it. Ordered a new baby in white. Added the Amundsen with DAB radio on the instructions of my wife.

Absolutely beautiful. (the car, not my wife..........................she's just gorgeous!)

My Greenline 2 has the 16 inch Conti's which have pleased me with how quiet they are, and that comes from someone who has never before had a Conti he was happy with. 

My 2012 model year 1.4tsi came on Conti Sport Contact 2's. Not only are they very quite, but at 25,000 miles I still have 4mm on the front and 6.5-7.0 on the back. OK, I don't throw the car round corners, but I still think that is pretty excellent wear.