Temp loss in power

GavrsIrl

Hey all,

Twice now (strangely in the same place) my car has lost power for a few seconds and then all is normal.

The first time it happened a few weeks ago I didn't know what to think.

Shorty after one of my coil packs failed and I noticed that the plastic breather that connects to the Y-shaped breather was broken.

I replaced the coils with the latest revision and replaced both the Y-shaped and plastic breather.

Now this morning going to work at the same place the car lost power.

There were no warning lights, the car didn't miss fire, it was as if I took my foot of the accelerator.

When I accelerated nothing happened, but then a few seconds later all was normal.

When I got the car scanned after installing the new coils, there were no error messages.

Recently I had a forge TIP installed, however this was about two months ago.

I know there is not much to go by here, but has anyone had any similar experience or know what possibly could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Gavin

• 1 month later...

Where did this happen to you dude? I've had it happen twice now both times in exactly the same place southbound on the m50. Really weird.

Both times it has picked back up pretty much straight away and continued on to go sit in the famous traffic for ages without a hiccup.

It's an odd one

1/3 tank yesterday, cant remember the last time it was a few months ago. Both times I drove the rest of the 60 mile journey home before filling (I only buy petrol in the local place at home. Support local businesses and all that) with no problems whatsoever. No codes stored and no other symptoms. It's a level open section of motorway too.

Had the same problem in mine very strange. Total loss of power for a few seconds while cruising then back to normal. 

Ive had this problem intermittently with aftermarket turbo pipe and without so its nothing to do with the TIP.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had it a couple of times when starting the car. Couple of pumps on the accelerator and it's fine? Like you have done a diagnostics check and that shows no codes???? Cars 10 years old now, so I put it down to old age!!

Hey Frisco,

Sorry only seeing this now.

It was on the M1 both times,

I am thinking it is N75....this is because Coils were replaced, no faults and I never let the fuel into the Red.

I am yet get a replacement N75, so I dont know if this is the actual cause.

There is a bad flat spot at 2000k under partial or full throttle now and it is just getting worse.

Ah well.

I have exactly the same problem. At first it happend only once or twice a month. Now few months later it happens almost every day. VCDS shows no fault codes. I'm replacing the gas pedal next week. I'll report back if there are any improvements.