Superb service advise

harvey94

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could help me. I'm looking at buying a 2010 superb 1.9 tdi pd s and I'm in ned of some advice. The car has 75k miles on it and has had 4 services and will be serviced by dealer before purchase but I want to know what other work I should insist on being done, with regards to cambelt timing belt etc? If they aren't due now when would they be due as I'm reluctant to buy a car that needs lots of money spend on it soon after purchase. Thanks a million for your help in advance

Is there anything else that I should be looking at doing at this mileage, the garage insist they won't do the belt as its not due until 80k which I think is fairly mean as its at 75k now

I suggest that if they won't change the cambelt you should seriouly consider walking away, ilsess they drop the price by about £450 to cover the cost.

Yeah it's just it's the car I'm looking for it's a main dealer and its the lowest mileage I can find, also I'd be traveling from ireland so I kind of want to buy from a recognised dealer as it would maybe stupidly give me a bit more confidence of buying a good car. I had a look at the parts, kit is available with water pump over here for €150, how long roughly would it take so I could estimate labour costs if I was to have it done here.

Take a look here for the cambelt pricing. These are the maximum prices you should pay from a main dealer...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/maintenance

See here for what is included in the fixed/annual service and the variable service...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing