Fastest way to whip off a TDI PD130 head?

Thought I would post in here as same engine as Fabia vRS essentially.

Getting the PD150 head from a mk4 golf tomorrow morning.  Was wondering (as engine totally untouched) what would be the fastest way to get it off?

I am thinking before I even begin to look at the head itself I'll need to remove timing belt, aux belt, coolant & fuel hoses.  And then contemplate removing the turbo & intake manifold from the back.....

Meant to be helping my Dad split and stack logs too....

Considering the weekend is the time of rest, I'm going to have spent the weekend polishing an RS6, getting the head off a golf, and splitting logs  :D   Monday work will be good for a rest! :D

• Like 1

Aye, its just annoying things like removing the battery and battery tray are things I don't need when not wanting those items. :)

I have a PDF here about what is needed to be removed if done properly, but there are steps on there which can be overlooked, such as locking the timing of the the head, etc.

Aye, its just annoying things like removing the battery and battery tray are things I don't need when not wanting those items. :)

I have a PDF here about what is needed to be removed if done properly, but there are steps on there which can be overlooked, such as locking the timing of the the head, etc.

But could they make the job easier further down the line? Remove all your major parts first, manifolds, turbo etc, then focus on the smaller parts. 

Day

Well, managed it today but it took nearly 5 hours due to various faffs and the weather....  Bloody car had an EGR cooler on the back and every time I started undoing bolts, one bolt was inaccessible due to something else....  In the end once one bit started coming off, it was like a domino effect.  However, turbo is now off which benefits the owner, and he knocked a little dosh off the price in regard to my accessing bits for him, and advice on general bits worth money.