worth a remap?

taylor12

Alright guys, currently have my fabia vrs. Its running at 159 bhp and 269 torque. People say this is mostly standard for the blt. Its an 06 plate. I spoke to a mapper lastnight and he said i wouldnt get much more out of it. So im just wondering if its worth my while having a map or not. Just wondering if any of you on here has had the same issue.

Cheers guys.

mick.

Alright guys, currently have my fabia vrs. Its running at 159 bhp and 269 torque. People say this is mostly standard for the blt. Its an 06 plate. I spoke to a mapper lastnight and he said i wouldnt get much more out of it. So im just wondering if its worth my while having a map or not. Just wondering if any of you on here has had the same issue.

Cheers guys.

mick.

your looking at around 10-15 more bhp and about 30 more torques, if your happy with the car then I wouldn't bother but if you want that little bit of extra oomph then get it mapped

As far as i know its standard. I havn't done anything to it. It was a family owned car before me. So dont know what they done to it. Few people said on this before they think its standard for the blt. Just wondering if its just a waist of time paying for a map.

mick.

159 still seems a bit high for a blt there usually about 150 but I suppose it depends on the rollers as they can sometimes be very generous. A remap isn't just the power it's how it is delivered. It will make the power delivery a lot smoother as wells more power

Its not so much the power increase that will benifit you its the way it will be delivered after a remap. Some like the punchyness of the standard map but a remap will be alot smoother and keep pulling to the red line make the power more usable than before.

• Like 1

Its not so much the power increase that will benifit you its the way it will be delivered after a remap. Some like the punchyness of the standard map but a remap will be alot smoother and keep pulling to the red line make the power more usable than before.

Took the words outta my mouth. Yeah you only get 10bhp peak power but overall the spread will be much better.