1.6CR odd idle

WAZZAG

Hey, My missus has jumped on the Fabia bandwagon and got a little 1.6CR 90ps number. However at idle we noticed the rev's don't always sit right. It seems sometimes it sits at 1k and the whole car vibrates as the engine seems a rough, then give it a bit of peddle and it goes back to where i believe it should sit.

Anybody else have this issue at all before? Ta!

I've got a similar 1.6 Fabia and the same thing happens.

Normal idling speed is 800 rpm. However, if I drive the 20 miles to Norwich on slow country roads, I then sit at the traffic lights in Norwich with the tachometer at 1000 rpm and the engine jerking up and down. However, If I give the car a swift drive, the engine is fine. So I've put it down to the particle filter not getting hot enough to clean itself and the car trying to run a cleaning cycle when driving slowly through the city.

If the vibrations are annoying when the car is idling, gently press the accelerator to raise the engine speed to 1200-1300 rpm and this makes the idling smoother even if it is not perfect.

No they are not normal, that needs sorted.

46,000 miles on the clock, maybe needs serviced, air filter checked and a diagnostic done.

But then sorry i was not replying to the OPs problem just the normal rising and falling of revs.

& the cooling fan and alternator in circumstances like in SlowBlokes post.

Regeneration really is not common when cars are getting runs. 20 miles on slow roads should not require a regeneration.

george

• Like 1

Hey, My missus has jumped on the Fabia bandwagon and got a little 1.6CR 90ps number. However at idle we noticed the rev's don't always sit right. It seems sometimes it sits at 1k and the whole car vibrates as the engine seems a rough, then give it a bit of peddle and it goes back to where i believe it should sit.

Anybody else have this issue at all before? Ta!

Does it smell a bit like hot brakes at the time? If so it's DPF.

• Like 1

Well tried pulling up the pedal and also gave it a good thrashing and I haven't heard of it happening again. Will certainly be looking at it properly at the weekend see what's what. Thanks for the replys all!