Opinions On Apex Lowering Springs Please

Metty92

What do people think of the Apex lowering springs on ride comfort? Do a lot of motorway miles so don't want any which will be really hard and crashy

Found some Apex springs for £107

H&R Springs for £140

Ebachi Springs for £182

Not expecting mega top quality springs for that kind of money, but as long as they will last a while, not bad on comfort, i'm happy :)

Seems quite a good compromise for £140.

How much harder does the H&R's feel compared to standard springs? Much different (Firmer etc)?

Still early yet as the springs are less than 1000 miles old. Its firm but not overly. Definitely handles better. Hard to compare soggy old suspension to brand new stuff lol. And I though H&R were a premium brand?

Day

In my opinion, if you're going to lower it, lower it properly. In the real world 25mm is absolutely nothing and to be honest you can't even tell a fabia has been lowered until about 40mm. The 25mm springs make no visual difference unless you're on 17" wheels

This is the difference from 25mm lowering springs and standard ride height, barely tell the difference if you ask me ...

Standard ugery6e5.jpg

Lowered

asa7yqyg.jpg

Then you get the likes of Coilovers which do obviously affect the rise quality but you can set the height and look 100x better in my opinion.. Here's mine on Coilovers

va5y5yhy.jpg

I suspect the ride will deteriorate pretty quickly if you're not putting shocks in to match the springs.

To retain a good ride you need to either get shocks & springs or get coilovers. Its also worth thinking why you'd be doing it, for looks 25mm drop is going to do next to nothing, if its for cornering, paired with shocks and springs it'll improve that yes, but sticking lowering springs on old standard shocks is just a quick route to a bouncy poor handing car in a few months/year down the line.

Personally, I'd just wait a little until you can get a full kit, be it springs and shocks or coilovers.

• Like 1

I don't know the exact amound but I would have a guess at around 40-50mm, sits exactly how I want it maybe a touch lower when I get some spacers. It doesn't catch off anything and the handling is superb.

If I were you I'd wait and save up that bit extra for Coilovers because once you lower it 25mm on springs, if you want to go any lower you can't and will have to go for Coilovers.

I'd be looking for about a 40 mm drop just for looks. Also I see what your saying if I'm going to get springs and shocks I may aswell buy a set of coilovers for money as by the time I've bought springs then shocks I will be up to £300+