Engine oil leak

I have a slight problem with my Fabia. Basically i have a oil leak coming somewhere from my engine. i've looked around and it appears to be coming from my spark plugs. i have included some pictures to show you. but when i'm trying to drive up a steep hill from 2nd gear, as soon as i hit the 4000 revs it starts to lack power. i have been told that it could be my rocker cover but my haynes manual doesn't have my engine in the book so i'm unsure how to do it. could anyone tell me if it is my rocker cover thats the problem and if so how hard is it to do and what i have to do.

thanks

post-34560-0-86158000-1379185062_thumb.jpg

post-34560-0-28788500-1379185079_thumb.jpg

post-34560-0-58735600-1379185098_thumb.jpg

post-34560-0-80489200-1379185111_thumb.jpg

It's a bit hard to see the origin of the oil from your pictures, possibly the seal between the timing chain case and the rocker cover.  Although it doesn't look nice, I really can't see it doing any harm.  It's not just from the filler cap area, is it?

There may be an unrelated fault causing your perceived lack of power, but it may also simply be the engine characteristic.  Did it used to be different?

If you look at VW's information about this engine family e.g.  here (in German, but you only need the pictures) there are a couple of graphs a few pages in that show torque and power curves for the 6-valve and 12-valve versions.  The 6v one shows quite clearly that you should not expect any increase in power (the red lines on the graphs) with increasing revs above 4000. :sweat: 

• 3 weeks later...

Since my last service from a Skoda garage (which Skoda have taken the franchise away from now) me and many people have had bad experiances from them. But its turns out that the sparks plus were lose and one of the coil pack had failed. Both problems had been sorted and hopefully no more leaks. Thanks for your comment tho! :)

Edited by getaway-driv3r