Twin Door

jasper110

Hi,

Superb II CR140 Twindoor. Like the car. Don't like the boot. For me the electric opening twin door is a gimmick too far.

So, are there any gurus out there who have modified the door so that it opens in hatch mode ALL THE TIME without having to press 2 switches and waiting for electric motors to turn. I'm no car electrics genius, sodoes the RH boot button lock both parts of the door together only and the LH (centre) boot button open the locks?

If so would it be possible to wire both together on one switch, or permanently lock the two sections of door together.

I haven't found any other posts on a similar topic. Perhaps I'm missing something and it can't be done. Or can it?

Thanks.

Me too, the vast majority of the time just the saloon opening is all I ever need.

Being able to open the boot from the keyfob and having the boot lid open by itself is great, especially coming from an Octavia vRS with it's heavy spoiler mounted boot lid.

For the few ocassions I need to get bigger items in the boot the 2 second wait is no issue.

I just noticed the high level brake light flashing too telling me when it is ready to open - neat!

I use the hatch 95% of the time and don't find it an issue to press an extra button for all of 2 seconds.

Its one of nice features of the car.

Cant see the point of trying to mod it so it wont work.

If you don't like the way it works then buy the estate.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Jasper, its possible to have the boot open as a hatchback all the time, it was a case of having too with me, my boot wouldnt open at all, mainly the two wing motors wouldnt release, so I took them off,  but this involved a bit of work to be done from inside the boot to release the pin that the motors cling onto. once thats done and the boot is opened as a hatch then pull out your wing motors, they only have plug in electrics and held in with 4 screws. but I since discovered my problem with the boot not opening, its the wiring that runs through the arm of the sedan part of the boot were pinched.  I've since put it all back together and happy to have a twin boot again. 

but YES you can have it as a hatchback only.