hetty on her way

Dougie53

Exciting times. :rofl:

Mine will arrive at the dealers on Wednesday.

But they have told me that they won't be able to put it through the workshop immediately and therefore it will be Friday (just possibly Thursday) before I can collect it.

Tic... tock!

Dealer phoned me Friday to say mine was at "UK Port" whatever that means and should be with them next week, hopefully .......

Not the most awe inspiring dealers

At least you get told something. I was informed around a week ago that I should get mine by the end of the month (i.e. by today) but after a call to them, an email now states that it will "probably" arrive at the end of next week if not early next week. No mention of where it is or anything like that. As they wanted me to come in to sort the paperwork out a couple of days prior to taking delivery, I'll not hold my breath that I'm going to get my car before this week. 'Thing is, I was given a provisional delivery date of the 31st of October but they went and got me excited by informing me that the build date was week 38 (16/09/13), then the message to say it was on its way. :think:

Buying a new car should be exciting and full of anticipation. If I order something from Amazon I can track my order and follow it.

Buying a house and buying a car are probably the two biggest purchases I will ever make ..... and the most stressful and least informed from the dealers.

Still waiting for the call back with my registration as the dealer wants me to sort out the insurance so he can tax it, even tho I probably won't get the car for a couple of weeks yet!

Sorry; rant over now

At least you get told something. I was informed around a week ago that I should get mine by the end of the month (i.e. by today) but after a call to them, an email now states that it will "probably" arrive at the end of next week if not early next week. No mention of where it is or anything like that. As they wanted me to come in to sort the paperwork out a couple of days prior to taking delivery, I'll not hold my breath that I'm going to get my car before this week. 'Thing is, I was given a provisional delivery date of the 31st of October but they went and got me excited by informing me that the build date was week 38 (16/09/13), then the message to say it was on its way. :think:

With a build week of 38 you are realistically looking at week 41/42 for delivery.

Do you have an order number? If so you can call Skoda UK for more detailed info on where your car is.

I did this because my salesman was away on a course for a week, and the nice lady at SUK took it upon herself to call me every week after that until I took delivery.