16k superb elegance - good value?

Stopped off at one of my local dealers for a nose this evening and saw that they had a nearly new Superb Elegance that caught my eye.

It's a 54 plate PD130 with 3600 miles in the nice metallic grey , and had a sunroof and the cargo system thingy for the boot as options (it has leather but I think that was standard anyway) and was priced up at 16k. It doesn't have the sat-nav but thats ok as I would want to replace the standard stereo anyway.

What do those in the know reckon to the price? Fair enough? I'd obviously expect to get a bit off the advertised price anyway.

It's a tempting alternative to a new octy.

Oh , and a couple of general superb questions while I'm here.

What sort of fuel consumption do you get? Is 50mpg with a lot of motorway miles a realistic figure.

How easy is it to get at the front speakers to change them? Can you just remove the grilles like in the octy , or do you have to take the door card off.

Do 17cm speakers fit?

I have also been thinking of changing my Octy Estate for a Superb Elegance and have seen a few exdemos on offer. I've seen a 2,000 mile 05 Tiptronic with Sunroof and Sat-nav for £18995 and a 05 3000 mile manual which I could have had a deal for at £17000.

Also got a price of £18795 for a new one.

Oh ' date=' and a couple of general superb questions while I'm here.

What sort of fuel consumption do you get? Is 50mpg with a lot of motorway miles a realistic figure?[/quote']

Yes I regularly get mid 50's on my commute to work on the motorway, highest I have ever seen is 61.

Our local dealer has a 54 plate silver Elegance up for £16995, but i don't think it had the sunroof. Although the list price new for a PD130 Elegance is a smidge under 20K, bear in mind that What Car's Target Price is £17431. If you can haggle hard with them, it sounds like it could be a goer.

I have a Tiptronic because of the other half's health problems. Inevitably the Tipronic isn't as quick off the mark, and drinks more fuel. I would say if you don't need the auto box, go for the manual.

Let us know how it goes.

All the Best

Chris

• 1 month later...
I have also been thinking of changing my Octy Estate for a Superb Elegance and have seen a few exdemos on offer. I've seen a 2' date='000 mile 05 Tiptronic with Sunroof and Sat-nav for £18995 and a 05 3000 mile manual which I could have had a deal for at £17000.

Also got a price of £18795 for a new one.[/quote']

ohh..i got mine for £17.250 new..130bhp elegance ( 55 plate ) on the road..

with 0 miles on the clock :thumbup::D

icl 1yrs tax and full tank of gas.

manual 5sp...color sat nav / full beige nappa leather / sunroof / foot rests in back / black magic pearlescent paint ....and added extras i had to pay for...tv's in headrests dvd/mp3 player :D

I use mine as a cab, after the engine is run in properly your fuel economy will go up a bit, when new mine was doing 37 ish mpg, now it does 42mpg all day long.

This is 'in town driving' obviously as most of my work is local, but you can expect between 50 & 60 mpg on a good run.

Mines a manual PD130 by the way. Autos seem about 5mpg down on average.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Superb is a good idea......going to look at and drive mine on Saturday (130 pd) ...it's only a lowly classic but even that comes with more goodies than the old octy elegance for around the same price....no alloys though so I will have to keep an eye out for some that look like original Skoda ones. :thumbup:

Is it a 2005 54 plate or 2005? I understand the 2004 did not have sat nav or full leather (only half) as standrard but did have sunroof. 2005 dropped sunroof but added full nappa leather and sat nav as standrard.

At the moment the list price is £19.5k, which should get discounted to less than £18k new.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Superb is a good idea......going to look at and drive mine on Saturday (130 pd) ...it's only a lowly classic but even that comes with more goodies than the old octy elegance for around the same price....no alloys though so I will have to keep an eye out for some that look like original Skoda ones. :thumbup:

I decided against it for three reasons in the end.

Although the boot is huge it is a saloon car so you are limited to what you can get in there.

The footwell is actually more cramped than in my octavia and there wasn't clear room to use the rest for my left foot.

The one I was looking at got sold :D

Is it a 2005 54 plate or 2005? I understand the 2004 did not have sat nav or full leather (only half) as standrard but did have sunroof. 2005 dropped sunroof but added full nappa leather and sat nav as standrard.

At the moment the list price is £19.5k' date=' which should get discounted to less than £18k new.[/quote']

sept is the new 55 plate :thumbup:

Just been sent an offer by my local dealer -

Brand new, but pre registered Superb 130pd Elegance delivery miles only,

Has sunroof and half leather so will presume it's not latest spec and does not have sat nav. £16,500 OTR

does sound like a good deal even tho its not latest spec. still not bad for a brand new luxury saloon!

Brand new' date=' but pre registered Superb 130pd Elegance delivery miles only,

Has sunroof and half leather so will presume it's not latest spec and does not have sat nav. £16,500 OTR

does sound like a good deal even tho its not latest spec. still not bad for a brand new luxury saloon![/quote']

not bad deal m8 but....look at my other posts..my new 55 plate superb,1.9pd / 130bhp/elegance, with 0 miles..black magic pearlescent...color sat nav / full biege nappa leather ect..£17.250 otr !! :D

Brand new' date=' but pre registered Superb 130pd Elegance delivery miles only,

does sound like a good deal even tho its not latest spec. still not bad for a brand new luxury saloon![/quote']

why only HALF LEATHER :confused: i thought all NEW elegance models came with full leather + color sat nav ? :confused:

full leather + sat as standard came into force on end of march/april 2005 !

Dr

Just read you post and if the car you were looking at was at All Electric in Halesowen then I am now the proud owner.

I did a very good deal and droped my 4.0L jeep in the process (15MPG)

I now get 45-55 MPG from the Superb

Cheers

Roy

Dr

Just read you post and if the car you were looking at was at All Electric in Halesowen then I am now the proud owner.

I did a very good deal and droped my 4.0L jeep in the process (15MPG)

I now get 45-55 MPG from the Superb

Cheers

Roy

Yep , thats the one.

Glad you are enjoying it.

It looked a lovely car but just wasn't quite suited to me so I gave it a miss.

If you don't mind me asking , did they budge much of the asking price?

The deal as i say included a px so the actual price i paid for the car is difficult to say but comparing it to other to px allowances i was quoted i would say the price was reduced by £850-1000

cheers

Roy

Not bad at all then. :D Congrats on a fine purchase.

I bet the fuel economy is a pleasant change , as is the extra legroom.

Are you local or did you travel for that one?

I've had mixed results when taking my octavia to be serviced there.

Most of the time they have been ok , but last time they changed the cambelt when it didn't need doing. The staff at the garage weren't all that bothered and I had to pay up but they were overruled by head office and I got a full refund for the unnecessary expense.

A little bird told me that one of the unhelpful employees no longer works there any more. :)

Oh , and how did you find briskoda?