Change of Yeti

patnmand

OK, so just over a year ago I traded in my Superb 170DSG Elegance for a Yeti 2WD 110SE. The Columbus unit failed in the Superb and cost a huge amount of money to replace, even though Skoda were very helpful and agreed to pay half the cost (the car was a year out of warranty). I loved the Yeti, but over time I did begin to miss some of the features of the Superb that I'd lost - mainly the power, the Xenon lights and the leaving/coming home function (I live in a dark rural area).

So to cut a long story short I traded it in for a one-year-old Yeti 140 4X4 Elegance in Aqua Blue on Monday, and I'm very pleased. New Yeti is Skoda number 7 (most of them have lasted rather longer than a year!)

Now, here's the thing. I'm not normally one for naming cars, but there is something about a Yeti. The last one was easy as the numberplate was GL12UAV so we called her Liz from the L12. New one is FL62UTW. Any ideas?

Final thing - Liz is being retailed by Caffyns in Tunbridge Wells. If you're after a 2WD 110 Yeti I'd recommend her.

All I've got is FL**UT*ter. Can you call a car Butterfly? But I do agree about naming Yetis. I think I've had maybe 20 cars over the years and this is the first one where I've even given it a thought. I suggested to my good lady "Hecate". She suggested I needed professional help.

• Like 2

I think it will have to be Flo as suggested. Unfortunately my sister has a Fiat 500 called Florence - so Flo may have to be short for Floella! What a shame YetiFlute - if it had been FL62UTE it might have been a good one for you.

...The Columbus unit failed in the Superb and cost a huge amount of money to replace, even though Skoda were very helpful and agreed to pay half the cost (the car was a year out of warranty)...

Hmmm that sounds painful. Are built in sat navs covered by extended warranties I wonder?

Hmmm that sounds painful. Are built in sat navs covered by extended warranties I wonder?

Don't know as I didn't have one. But it did bring into sharp focus the fact that I was sitting on a lot of unwarranted technology with all the motors to make the twin door boot work, the motors in the seats, the DSG gearbox etc etc. I really enjoyed it as a car, and have nothing bad to say about it, but for now I'm enjoying the slightly simpler Yeti. As I said the current one is No.7 in a row (Two Octavias, a mk1 Superb, another Octavia, a mk2 Superb and now two Yetis) so who knows where I'll go next!