passenger door - interior handle aggro

How are you meant to get the front passenger door handle off?

Im really struggling to see what the trick is without destroying the inner door card :-(

Any advice would be really appreciated as the glass in the window has just fallen down and wont wind back up!

If you mean the outer trim of the grab handle that is used for closing the door then you have my sympathy.

I knew how to take it off but it would not budge. I spent the best part of two hours with thin screwdrivers and other tools to remove the outer trim without leaving marks. 

Eventually I got a little movement at one end (where it is thinnest) and then rocked it up and down whilst pulling outwards very hard and levering it. Then the same trick at the other end got it half way off but it was being held by something. Grabbing both ends I pulled hard while rocking in all directions and "walked" it off.

As you can see in Rob's photo there are some barbs that hold in place. However, most of the friction was in the holes and the plastic to plastic friction.

When replacing the handle I sprayed some silicone oil on all surfaces. I removed the grab handle about 9 months later and it came off a lot easier.

I guess that being in place over nearly 10 winters and summers, the plastic parts like to hug each other!

Thanks for the help.

I ended up using some L-shaped trim removing plastic tools - and even then the lower clip wanted a good fight! I couldnt see in the fading light but Im sure its a bit marked. At least I can get on with the window repair job now...

Anyone know the part numbers or have any web links for buying the clips that hold the window glass in place?