Won't maintain boost pressure please help

Kevvrs

Need help my car is fine in lower gears but when get 4th gear boost pressure drops from 18psi to 10 this happens when it gets to 5500 rpm scanned for codes none found it's like it can't maintain boost for the longer period in higher gears it did it once the other day just random now it's every time any ideas as I've ran out all boost pipe work is new and triple checked no leaks any help would be much appreciated thanks

I tryed to get the fuel filter off the clip are stuck on big time I fully depressed the clips they won't budge don't wanna force them as this is my only car can't have it off the road and big problem I don't have vcds just a fault code reader I'm hoping it's the fuel filter as it' looks very old ill no more when I have it scanned this cars turning into a money pit lol

To late to turn bk now put to much into it now replaced all consumables including clutch flywheel all hoses Spencer's etc feel like blowing it some days lol engine is sweet as a nut but it's this boost problem that's annoying

It holds boost fine until I get into 4th when the engine takes longer to pick up seems it can't hold it for a longer time it takes. dropped strait to 11 from 18 and stays no misfire just boost drop under heavy load weird one

No access to vcds that's the problem but there a kind someone round Southampton who said they run vcds for me just waitin for him to get bk to me I'll have anouther go at the fuel filter tomoz never had no trouble in the past wit these fuel filter clips my last car had the same setup poped off easy on that ill see what happens tomoz I've double checked everything today as I've not long fitted all new boost and breather pipe work and catchcan etc everything is ok

Check this out it only seems to loose boost in 4th at 5500 rpm tested it on motorway holds 20 psi from 60 mph right through to 120 with no pressure drop at all tells me boost ain't at faulty at be something else interfering at high revs?

Dude, replace the fuel filter. It`s by far the cheapest part that can cause loss of boost.

Your car is probably over 10 years old so it wouldn`t be strange that the fuel pump is also failing.