How can they sell them for less than £17k then buy back in 13 months for £17.5k?...sounds like free car to me if you are in the forces.

For people based outside uk with tax free entitlement only - uk personnel can buy tax paid cars approx 3 - 4 k more.

• Like 1

For people based outside uk with tax free entitlement only - uk personnel can buy tax paid cars approx 3 - 4 k more.

Suppose it's a bit like taking a company car, a good perk for a job well done, no ones going to die doing my job unless the scaffolding is dodgy (Quantity Surveyor!) so the least I can do is help by paying my taxes! :rofl:

• Like 1

I remember back in the mid to late 80s guys in Cyprus (with RAF / Army) buying Fiesta XR2s when they first arrived on the island. They'd keep them for their 3 year tour, hand the keys over about 6 months before leaving and pick up a brand new XR2 with no cash to hand over. They'd then ship (or drive if you were adventurous) the car back home.

Looks like there are still similar deals. Good :)

Unfortunately

Suppose it's a bit like taking a company car, a good perk for a job well done, no ones going to die doing my job unless the scaffolding is dodgy (Quantity Surveyor!) so the least I can do is help by paying my taxes! :rofl:

One of the few perks left. Unfortunately still pay UK tax on everything I earn!!!

• Like 1

This 'Challenge' model sounds very interesting... I e-mailed my dealer about the lap timer as I thought it was standard too, I did that about 3 months ago and he said he'd find out. He hasn't found out.

I do wish Skoda could be more clear with what you get for your money.

• 2 weeks later...