Info on Ssangyong Rexton W

Turbo_Boss

Hey guys,

I am still driving my 2002 Octavia L&K 1.8T and I am very happy with it. My son need a car and I was thinking giving him my car and get a new one for me

Today I went to the Ssangyong dealer an try the 2013 Rexton W with 2.7 Turbo Diesel and automatic transmision. I like it very much but I dont know nothing about this brand/model.

I was looking for Ssangyong forums but I dond find to much info.

Have any of you have exerience with this brand/model? Any advice?

THX,

Isaac

ssangyong-rexton.jpg

Edited by Turbo_Boss

Butt of many jokes in the UK. Justifiable or not, I do not know.

Very few dealers over here, and the road test reports aren't particularly favourable either, but hey, they're cheap and do a job I suppose.

Just check out the residuals though, as I think they're probably going to make scary reading.

Butt of many jokes in the UK. Justifiable or not, I do not know.

A bit like Skoda a few years back...

There's a dealer in Hereford that I pass quite regularly but never realised they were Mercedes based...

A bit like Dacia / Renault I guess.

Or perhaps more like Skoda / VAG / Bentley...

A bit like Skoda a few years back...

There's a dealer in Hereford that I pass quite regularly but never realised they were Mercedes based...

A bit like Dacia / Renault I guess.

Or perhaps more like Skoda / VAG / Bentley...

I think Dacia have come out of the blocks very favourably in the UK, with good basic advertising that gets the message over realistically, excellent road test reports, and favourable feedback from mainland Europe where they've been picking up awards and selling like hot cakes for a couple of years now.

If ever there was a case of a manufacturer doing the job properly, this is it....IMO.

My interesting is getting it in 4x2 configuaration. I will use it on city.  I am not interested in any off road use. But here in my country, many streets are bad with holes and when it rain, many streets get full of water.

• 3 months later...

Here is a nice 10,000Kms review about the new Rexton W. It has very nice photos and incredible views of mountains and landscapes.

It worth a look, just the pictures are stunning

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/12813-hyderabad-kaza-hyderabad-trip-ssangyong-rexton-rx5.html

Here is a nice 10,000Kms review about the new Rexton W. It has very nice photos and incredible views of mountains and landscapes.It worth a look, just the pictures are stunninghttp://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/12813-hyderabad-kaza-hyderabad-trip-ssangyong-rexton-rx5.html

To be honest that's just made me want to buy one!

I'm quite liking the Ssangyong Korando as the 7 seater Rexton looks huge in the pictures.

Brand new base spec Korando for slightly more money than I was looking at spending on a 3 yr old Yeti with similar spec...

I thought this was the worst car I'd ever seen.

Until I saw this today:

The facelifted version of that Subaru was actually not bad at all.  But by then the one nostril effect had killed any chance this car ever had. And we never got the FL in the UK.

2008_tribeca.jpg

Here is a nice 10,000Kms review about the new Rexton W. It has very nice photos and incredible views of mountains and landscapes. It worth a look, just the pictures are stunning http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/12813-hyderabad-kaza-hyderabad-trip-ssangyong-rexton-rx5.html

That looks an amazing trip.  Like some of the trips you see on that "World's worst roads" tv show.

• Like 2