Gear stick extension

007lookalike

I have my driver's seat quite high and (like all Yorkshiremen) I have short arms and deep pockets.
Joking aside, I find I have to reach down a little to change gear (manual).
Is it possible to extend the gear stick a few inches?

carry a half hundredweight sack of cement around, in your left hand for a couple of weeks, that should stretch your arm and ameliorate the prob,should solve the short arm deep pocket prob as well, joking apart, stick extensions used to be readily available, have you trawled ebay?

• Like 2

carry a half hundredweight sack of cement around, in your left hand for a couple of weeks, that should stretch your arm and ameliorate the prob,should solve the short arm deep pocket prob as well, joking apart, stick extensions used to be readily available, have you trawled ebay?

Thanks for advice but maybe I don't want to reach my pockets? :giggle: 

Yes, eBay has them but nothing specifically for the Yeti. Would a VW T4 one fit, doest thee know?

ah! ebay works tha knows cos tha's no need fer they pockets - tis all done b' card and i suppose tha keeps tha wallet in tha jacket pocket,short arms work there tha knows!!

All joking apart, if a t4 is threaded wrongly too big a bore etc a local engineering outfit(if they still exist in the UK should be able to bore / thread / produce an insert, or a more simple solution to see if it and you work together, epoxy it on using a very slight smear of grease on the original thread - that way it should easily demount - if it works you can then get a more permanent soln!

• Like 1

Just a word of caution if I may. Gear shift sticks are carefully designed to do the job. Extra leverage may put strain on other linkage components. In addition you may find the lengthened assembly vibrates or buzzes

• Like 1

Just a word of caution if I may. Gear shift sticks are carefully designed to do the job. Extra leverage may put strain on other linkage components. In addition you may find the lengthened assembly vibrates or buzzes

Caution noted Nigel, thanks. If it vibrated or buzzed, I could always take it off again? I've asked my dealership to look into this for me.