DVD player mount for vRS seats?

Dunno if this is any use but if you enter "TFY Car Headrest Mount" into Amazon, it shows something that may fit the bill.

thanks but i think these are stil the vertical wrap round head rest ones. due to the vRS not having a movable headrest the strap would need to come round horizontally :(

• Like 1

I'll be using the 'TFY Car Headrest Mount' with my nexus7. I have it now for MKii and I tested it on a demo MKiii Vrs at the dealers. You just wrap it round horizontally (its a velcro strap). It fits pretty well and felt secure (bit of initial fiddling to get sweet spot). The tablet sits in a snug case that then attaches to the strap via velco (very secure and been fine in my current car). You can attach however you want (i.e. rotate etc).

That said due to the angle of the headrest I would say its not the 100% brilliant solution but it definitely will work... without that headrest gap options are going to be limited.

• Like 1

Hmm... I need to find a decent solution for this problem too.

We cant drive out of the street before the little one starts screaming for her peppa pig to be switched on!

• 1 year later...

I'll be using the 'TFY Car Headrest Mount' with my nexus7. I have it now for MKii and I tested it on a demo MKiii Vrs at the dealers. You just wrap it round horizontally (its a velcro strap). It fits pretty well and felt secure (bit of initial fiddling to get sweet spot). The tablet sits in a snug case that then attaches to the strap via velco (very secure and been fine in my current car). You can attach however you want (i.e. rotate etc).

That said due to the angle of the headrest I would say its not the 100% brilliant solution but it definitely will work... without that headrest gap options are going to be limited.

There seems to be two kinds here, one with more of the lip around the iPad and the other kind that they recommend for using in this kind of seat. The kind they recommend seems to have a smaller lip and people have talked there about it falling out. The thing I keep in mind is whether in a collision these will end up hitting the rear passengers. In my case my kids so don't want it to become an issue. We would only use it on long trips and so far the separate headrest arm type ones seem the only ones crash tested, and of course they won't work with this type of seat.

I'm thinking of looking around other car forums as plenty of seats are like this. The dealer looked into getting screens mounted in the back of them, but that was very $$$. Also not liking car audio fitters pulling the car apart, been there with my current car and others and all kinds of issues happen and damage. Pity there isn't a factory option as I would be all over it. Even the fitted screens needed another headunit tucked away somewhere to drive it.

I actually found another way to go about it that I'm considering which is a suction mount from the sunroof. There is one made for such a thing that appeared recently that you can attach and then have it between the front seats. I wouldn't use it that much (we don't use the inbuilt in my current car more than one or two weeks a year) so that would probably do the trick, just can't remember the one saw recently, but people have used things like the seasuckers before.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 20/03/2015 at 02:42, woofy said:

I actually found another way to go about it that I'm considering which is a suction mount from the sunroof. There is one made for such a thing that appeared recently that you can attach and then have it between the front seats. I wouldn't use it that much (we don't use the inbuilt in my current car more than one or two weeks a year) so that would probably do the trick, just can't remember the one saw recently, but people have used things like the seasuckers before.

Hey sorry for resurrecting this old post but I’m no searching for a solution to this problem for my 6 year old. Happy for him to watch stuff but it makes him feel sick after a while looking down at it. Having it in the seat so there’s no looking down would be great. So I have a 2018 vrs with no sunroof unfortunately. Excellent suggestion but I can’t take advantage of it myself. Suction cups from the window perhaps could work though. What did you end up doing? 

I wedge an 8" tablet between the two front seats, you can angle it slightly to one side if must but usually there's two watching.

The other option is string. Tie a loop around the seat so it rest where the back of the seat gets wider. Then the tablet sits in a fold over case. Fold the case over the string. 

Naturally this is for a tablet, if its an actual dvd player it may not work