what brake discs

sav26

hiya guys after new discs front and rear after an upgrade to pagid what are peoples recomendations for octavia vrs mk1 as am running 233 bhp after stage 2 cheers guys

Edited by sav26

have heard the tarox pads are good also does anyone have any experience with them and can tell me which ones they have used thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

Greenstuff for me on my old V40, were hella dusty, wore out quickly, and didn't stop as well as the free pads that came with my Motaquip discs. Never again.

To be fair, Motaquip had happened on some really good brake products for cheap, back then.

Pagid Pads and Pagid discs, plenty of stopping efficiency and leaves money in your wallet too.

I have Ferodo DS2500 on the Golf with standard Pagid discs, good combo but £150 for the pads  and I am sure they are not £150 better than OEM under standard road driving conditions. 

• Like 1

Unless you're like me and do a couple of trackdays where standard pads won't do, (Ask James what happened to my brakes at Oulton)

Then anything from a brand you've heard of will be fine. Pagid are good.

I got some "Premium" pads from GSF, which are fine for the road, just not the track.

For the horse you are running mate this setup is decent. The original pads fade really quickly.

The Pagid disks are very good with the Ferodo DS2500/3000 pad's youve got a setup that is pretty solid! 

Never buy drilled or grooved disk's an buy the markets bull****!, for rallying and plenty of motorsports there good quality but for the road car doing a few track days a year then id stick to solid disks.

Drilled and grooved actually decrease the resistance surface of the disk, yes they stay slightly cooler and will discard mud and water better but will not give the same braking resistance of a solid disc.

A good quality cooling system and good quality 5.1DOT or 4DOT brake fluid will perform much the same.

Obviously the standard 312mm disks and standard calipers arnt that great but they will do the job, Id run pagid disks and ferodo or even the mintex 1144 pads with a leon cupra R setup as that would be a solid setup for both road and track.

Anybody running RedStuff or GreenStuff? Are they any good?

EBC are utter crap id never run green stuff or red stuff on any cars i own, even a shopping trolley.

Just for a comparison my track civic consists of;  Disks are solid Mintex 312mm off an accord Type R with honda legend calipers running Mintex 1144 pads, with ATE DOT4 brake fluid.. Iv never had fade yet but the disks wear quickly.

Id like to hear what some peoples setup on an octavia is for track days :)

Pagid Pads and Pagid discs, plenty of stopping efficiency and leaves money in your wallet too.

I have Ferodo DS2500 on the Golf with standard Pagid discs, good combo but £150 for the pads  and I am sure they are not £150 better than OEM under standard road driving conditions. 

But the Ferodo's arent road focused  ;)

But the Ferodo's arent road focused  ;)

I can assure you they work well on the road even though it says on the box, not for road use but this is just a minor issue.

If the pads work on track where speed reduction is for more prolonged periods than on the road, they will work ok on the road.  

If you do not want to use Ferodo, use Pagid, they are more than adequate for any road situation 

I can assure you they work well on the road even though it says on the box, not for road use but this is just a minor issue.

If the pads work on track where speed reduction is for more prolonged periods than on the road, they will work ok on the road.  

If you do not want to use Ferodo, use Pagid, they are more than adequate for any road situation 

Of course mate.

Depends what the OP whants out of them, the pagids are good no dispute on that.

But for the balance of track days and road use id pay for some DS2500's best of both worlds - None the less the pagids will do the same but may break down alot quicker.

Pagids will die on track, I have killed some, in the past I have had yellow stuff from EBC and I thought these were good on the Fabia, now sold to shark rider, however the 2500's are better especially as the Golf is heavier too.

For the road I would just buy paged pads and discs 

For the road even with a remapped car I don't think you'd need uprated pads. If you are driving that quick on the road you should probably do a trackday or go karting!

If you are set on buying uprated pads then I would go with Ferodo DS2500s, Mintex 1144s or CL RC5+. I've taken my other car on track with DS2500s and they get much better with a bit of heat in, can never get them close to hot enough to improve that much on the road.