Nexus 5

MartynVRS

I got the official lg case with mine.very pleased with it and if it protect the screen(which could be a weak point) it will be worth the investment

Edited by carisbrook

I'm thinking of getting this as it's so cheap compared to other new android phones on the market. My phone completely died the other day and i'm currently using a Nokia n73, could be steam powered i'm not quite certain. 

Are people still loving theirs?

Had the Nexus 5 for a few days now and running it live for a day or so. First impressions, really nice phone, light, fast and the screen is HUGE.  Feels great, power and volume buttons feel a bit odd but will get used to them.  The power drain is a normal complaint but not had time to really notice it.  Only complaint I really have is with 'HangOuts' not sure if that is to do with lack of familiarity or unsuitability?

Glad I went for it rather than sticking with the S2.

What day did you order, and when did it arrive?

Ordered it (Black 32 GB) on the 15th when it was saying 2-3 weeks to despatch. ordered it then as I wanted to cancel my contract which was due towards the end of Jan.

When I ordered I got a message saying dispatch in 2-3 weeks. However a few days later on the 18th I got an email saying it had been despatched and it was then delivered on the 19th!

I reckon they were shortish on stock and erring on caution so delivery estimates are pessimistic. 

• Like 1

Had mine for around a week now.

The "Hangouts" is a little weird to start with and ended up downloading another text app but went back and i'm used to it now. The battery for the first charge was terrible and it just died over night but once you set all the apps to not use data unless the data is on and download "Advanced Task Manager" and click on that every time you turn the phone off and the battery is great.

I got a day and 5 hours yesterday on the battery and it was still at 40% and that's with playing games, texting and the internet.

I have a case on mine which is a fat thing and goes around the front of the screen as i dropped my last phone which decided to face plant the ground and shatter the whole screen.

For the price it's the best there is, especially if you go with GiffGaff where i'm currently paying £10 a month but may be able to get to the £7.50 tariff.

Ordered.

When is it due?

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I am loving the screen on mine and the smoothness of the actions. The screen size is great for my sausage fingers! Just getting used to KitKat and where they have hidden all the various bits and pieces I want to adjust. For example last night I was trying to edit some contacts, on ICS and Jelly Bean I had a 'Contacts' where I could quickly edit but I can't find this on the Nexus and KitKat so after randomly calling various people I had to give up and go in to my google contacts via the laptop and adjust! Probably just me missing something obvious after a couple of beers!

But from the sound of some of your posts you know more about it than me.

I'm almost certainly going to be ordering one of these.

Coming from an S3 Mini. I feel I'm now ready for a bigger screen. Plus I keep running out of memory but don't want to route the phone as it then wont work with the Barclays Bank app.

What's the view on the best kind of case to get?

What's the best deal on the little plastic screen protectors?

I've been searching around for cases, don't want a generic, but similarly not wanting to fork out fortune for the LG flip case as the reviews I have read are mixed.  Be interested to here what Gadgetman thinks of it.

From the reading I have done Spiegen Screen Protectors seem to get a good review without being OTT on price but never used them before so will have to see, will probably order some when the post gets back to normal.

I've been quite interested in a QI charging pad, probably more from a geeky point of view and to annoy my wife as her iphone doesn't have it rather than it being of any real practical value but the actual benefit of them seems quite limited.