RAC rally next weekend (10/11) anyone?

Mr Ree

Marshaling

Never been on this event before and really looking forward to it.

Craik 1 & 2

Bit of a long drag, so going up all on me lonesome on Saturday afternoon ready for the action on Sunday

See if I can find a nice little pub to kip down in.

Anyone else?

Edited by Mr Ree

Anyone from around that neck of the woods (literally) that can guide me towards some sort of remote farmhouse b&b within a few miles of or preferably on the edge the forest?

Not having much luck searching tbh, and don't really want to do a search when I get up there.

Found a few in near by towns for £90 per night, gulp!

Edited by Mr Ree

Have a great time at the rally. I was hoping to go myself, mainly to see Steve Perez in the genuine lancia stratos howling through the forests, but I am going to the classic motor show at the NEC the week after. Will definately be going next year though

Have a great time at the rally. I was hoping to go myself, mainly to see Steve Perez in the genuine lancia stratos howling through the forests, but I am going to the classic motor show at the NEC the week after. Will definately be going next year though

Me too!

I must be more minted than you!  :D

Excellent! My mates 6R4 is on display so would be rude not to pop over and see it again this year :)

Your only more minted because I have spent loads on my vrs this month ;) lol

Nice. I'll have shufties while I'm there, probably on the Friday.

Looking forward to hearing the Stratos barking and howling as you rightly say.

Given up looking for B&B, so I'll do what I did back in the 70/80's when I used to follow the real RAC rally around....kip in the car!  :yawn:

I think Steve Perez has got a new engine fitted in the stratos for the rally so should be good to see how it goes with it.

That's the real way to do the RAC! I done it a few times when my uncle took me rallying, the first RAC (well network q to be precise) where we slept in the car was 97 when burns and McRae where battling for the win. Shame neither are here now :(

I don't suppose you took any pics of the metros on the 85 or 86 RAC when you was spectating? :)

I think Steve Perez has got a new engine fitted in the stratos for the rally so should be good to see how it goes with it.

That's the real way to do the RAC! I done it a few times when my uncle took me rallying, the first RAC (well network q to be precise) where we slept in the car was 97 when burns and McRae where battling for the win. Shame neither are here now :(

I don't suppose you took any pics of the metros on the 85 or 86 RAC when you was spectating? :)

Think I've got one (paper obviously) of Tony Pond standing next to his 'Computervision' in service on the Manx International buried away somewhere.

What an an absolutely stonking event that used to be.

Ooh, now if ever you manage to have time to find that I would love to have a copy if possible? My mate owns a couple of Tony Ponds 6R4's from 85 and 86 the lucky bugger :-)

I shall have a dig around in the archives for you, and will be more than happy to help if I can.

Is the one at the NEC he's showing next week one of the ones that Pondy used to drive?  :love:

Manx International was probably my all time favorite event.

Oh yes! Found 6 of Computervison C98KOG. Couple of them have many speccies and service crew around it, so they're not brilliant, but have a couple of decent ones close up in service, and one action piccie too.  :rock:

Copies for you and your mate anytime if we can fathom out how to do it..

More than happy to help, as I know just how important history is on any given car of interest,  but obviously, I'd want the originals back.

Edited by Mr Ree

2 of the pictures I've just noticed, are of the number 9 6R4... (Tony Pond/Rob Arthur was No. 1 that year, '85 I think it was)... that was driven by David Llewellin/Phil Short. (haven't got the reg on that one unfortunately)

Lovin' looking back at these happy days.  :love:

Edited by Mr Ree

I might be taking a trip down on Sunday, but need to see what the other half has planned.

I'll be buried somewhere in Craik. SS18 / 19.

Entry off road 79/ 388 104.

Give us a shout for a brew if you see a blue Octy est if you make it.  :rock:

Marshaling

Never been on this event before and really looking forward to it.

Craik 1 & 2

Bit of a long drag, so going up all on me lonesome on Saturday afternoon ready for the action on Sunday

See if I can find a nice little pub to kip down in.

Anyone else?

Mate of mine who lives about 7 miles south of hawick on the A7 dies farmhouseb&b. Phone Katherine Hepburn on 01450 850208

• Like 1

Cheers for the offer of a cuppa, but the look I got just there says it all. Been at an event every weekend for the last 6 weeks. Rallying is like a drug, can be addictive.

Hope you have a good one, keep a look out for the team Africa flags.

Mate of mine who lives about 7 miles south of hawick on the A7 dies farmhouseb&b. Phone Katherine Hepburn on 01450 850208

You'll do for me chief!!  :rock:

Can I ring now, or best in the morning? (Gym beckons right now, so I'll ring at 9 tomorrow morning I think)

If I say Slider gave me the number, will she think I'm on drugs?  :D

I'd virtually resigned my self to a kip in the car, and it's going to be a bit nippy this weekend too apparently.

Edited by Mr Ree

Cheers for the offer of a cuppa, but the look I got just there says it all. Been at an event every weekend for the last 6 weeks. Rallying is like a drug, can be addictive.

Hope you have a good one, keep a look out for the team Africa flags.

What's that all about then?

B&Q or equivalent for you then I presume?  :giggle:

Sorry mate. I shouldn't laugh. :blush:

Mrs R doesn't get a say in where I vanish to. I just GO!

Grizedale stages in just 3 weeks time too!¬

YIPEE, it's a ME month!

Edited by Mr Ree

You'll do for me chief!!  :rock:

Can I ring now, or best in the morning? (Gym beckons right now, so I'll ring at 9 tomorrow morning I think)

If I say Slider gave me the number, will she think I'm on drugs?  :D

I'd virtually resigned my self to a kip in the car, and it's going to be a bit nippy this weekend too apparently.

Ring now. Robin Waddell gave you the name