Vrs hesitation - fly by wire problem?

Hi all, I've got a mk1 vrs. 103k, baileys dump valve, new plugs, serviced, new thermostat and coolant temp sensor.

I get quite bad cold running issues, it splutters quite badly until it's warm the it improves but is still noticeable. When it's warm, if I give it 1/4 throttle in 2nd from 1500rpm it will pull you can feel it boost then its as if I lift off the throttle. Doesn't do it all the time

I've searched around and found 2 split breathers and replaced them, can't see any other noticeable things wrong.

Could there be a communication issue between the throttle pedal and throttle body?

I know this is a real common problem but seems like no one has actually properly cured it!

Joe

Secondary air intake failure is common usually caused by the rivets on the SAI pump housing failing or the SAI pipes coming off or splitting.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/141240.aspx

Bank 1 too rich could be a number of things. A dodgy Coolant temp sensor causing the ECU to fuel incorrectly, Lambda sensor or split boost/vacuum pipes would be my first suspects.

The throttle body is prone to getting gunked up on the inlet manifold side of the TB butterfly flap. N.B. On DBW TB do not force the butterfly flap open to clean it, remove the TB with it plugged in & with the ignition on wedge the accelerator down so the butterfly flap stays open for cleaning. When you reinstall it (ignition off) turn the ignition back on & you should hear whistling from the TB which is the TB self aligning, wait until the whistle stops, start the engine & go for a run using as many throttle postitions as possible. Over a few driving cycles the TB will self adapt. However if you have access to VCDS you can perform a TB adaptation to re-adapt the TB in a few seconds.

Edited by pauldazzle

Do I just go into skoda and ask if its covered?

I removed the throttle body and cleaned it out, wasn't all that dirty just a bit oily and brown staining no real thick deposits. I scanned for codes as I've got a engine light on came back with these:

P0411 secondary air intake system faulty flow

P1432 secondary air control valve n113 intermittent fault

P0300 misfire

P0301 cylinder 1 misfire

P0303 cylinder 3 misfire

Any ideas lol!?!

Well....I have to say,mines been misfiring on cyl3 and occasionally cyl4 for a while now.

I'm a bit stumped as to what the cause is to be honest.

I've changed all 4 coilpacks then it went away for a couple of weeks,then started to misfire again!

Checked the plugs and they are fine,even swapped the plugs around in the cylinders and rescanned it,no difference!

Throttle body is clean.

Wiring is good,gave it all a good once over today.

I'm starting to think its the CTS! ;-)