newbie here, thinking of changing standard dv

jmera

Might have been covered alredy but here goes....

so have seen a couple on ebay and looking at a dual port dv so I can have atmospheric and recirculation to keep me and engine management happy, Have a budget of around £50 to spend is this being optimistic or can it be done? just not sure of what sort of quality I will get at this price.

any ideas or advice on what to look for or stay away from?

cheers mera

Cheers very helpfull, think ill keep the standard airbox and replace the filter for k&n and just replace dv with "forge style" 007p or similar for budget, seems there is loads of people with different combinations so will see what works best :-) thanks for reply

Yeah think im going to go for the k&n panel filter and just leave standard bosch dv on for now, will get a forge 007p when my wallet permits :-) seems a popular choice and looks the part too

You maybe pushing it to get a forge split r dv in your budget.

The forge 007p is a capable dv within your budget.

A lot of aftermarket cheaper dv's can leak.

The std OEM dv is more than capable as they have been revised recently with stronger internals and probably the least dv likely to leak as they are sealed.

Sent from my Samsung S3

The only reason I changed my dv was due to having a cai and wanting more noise, there's no other worthwhile reason to change the original dv.

I've got a compbrake dv fitted to mine and is really well made

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4