Roomster roofbars

markis42

I am new here and thinking of buying a used 1.9 tdi 3 Roomster.I have two questions regarding the car one is how do you fit roofbars if there are no "factory" rails and on some models there appears to be two radio consoles.Am i right in thinking that the upper display is to control the aircon etc? Cant find any close up pictures to confirm it but some models don't seem to have two displays so i am guessing its a model/year specific spec.

Thanks

Mark

Firstly welcome to the forum and may I say you are looking at what we all consider to be `Skodas Best Kept Secret`...The roof bars, can be retro fitted, but its a difficult and expensive job, and some have reported water ingress problems afterwards. There will be others who can best advise on that further. As for the dashboard the upper display is usually the climate control system, with the lower one the radio.

Best of luck in your decision and hope we hear from you again soon

Get the roof bars factory fitted as to retro fit them involves removing the headlining which is a right sod to refit properly! and yes as above, the upper slot is for the heating/aircon, which can be a manual dial version, or a fancy lcd display type.........hifi underneath it.

Many thanks indeed.

Roofbars are a must as I carry cycles and have a box too! Thanks for the info on the dash I was pretty sure that's the way it was but thanks for the confirmation,

Just need a 2007/8 1.9 tdi 3 with roof rails.Back soon I hope.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

I found Auto Trader very useful for locating Roomsters, you can specify what you want and how far afield, to get roof rails you will have to look carefully at your search results pix.

Also you can easily revise your selection criteria.

BTW I've spotted a bright red Roomster on Castleford Car Company's forecourt, might be worth a peek at their website?

It's Corrida Red I think, with a Scottish registration.

Best of luck, keep us posted, and welcome aboard!

Richard

As others said, I warmly advice having factory fitted roof bars. Still do not understand why they are not stock, since it is the only way to carry anything on the roof.