Why are car parts on ebay always so far....

vRSAnt

vRS natty seat on ebay....would be perfect for me to play with.....but its a 300 mile round trip for me :'(

How likely for something a bit closer for me?

Looked at places that do ebay collection but they would work out 5 times the price of the seat! (probably more than if I just drove up and picked it up but I really, really don't want to)

Once I've got my seats off I will have an immac set of standard seats that I can take full pics of them, and list on the parts for sale on here (and renew my freedom). As once I get the Recaros in I will have chance to go to work with fully cleaning any light soiling on them

As a desperate bid just wondered if any of you guys might happen to have a really crappy vRS seat sitting about rotting outside or in a shed so I could start my dismantling without messing up my existing seats (yet!)?

I promise I can do a detailed write up if I can get a chance to dismantle these Recaros too.,,,

Mate, you don't need a vrs seat. The metal base bolster supports are only attached to the recaro sub frames. The other seats (octavia vrs and fabia vrs that I can confirm) have the metal loops incorporated in to the foam, not attached to the metal work. I'd just cut the loops off the recaro frames, and get someone to weld them in place on your donors (like someone on here did, can't remember who). Or do like pasty, and just not bother with the loops.