joes budget build

eggessford

Going to attempt to build a stage 2(ish) octy wagon on a tight budget, using where possible secondhand parts to keep the costs down. I will keep all costs posted on here, hoping to keep it under £3000 all in. ha

Car is bought: a 2005 vrs estate in magic black, 102000 miles, overall tidy car except a couple little bits. £840, bargain! unfortunately the camshaft is snapped

New engine sourced AUM lump with (spare) k03s turbo, engine has covered 120k. Price delivered £300

£400 For engine to be fitted, with a full service, cambelt, water pump, oil pick up pipe, thermostat

£45 for black carpet just ordered off ebay

£175 for leon cupra r seats delivered

£80 for 4 18'' rstt reps with 2 good tyres (wrong size)

So.... so far                                                       £1840

will be selling the spare k03s, vrs seats, 4x 16'' spiders with very good tyres and 2 new 215/35/18 tyres so should re-coup enough to pay for tyres, black door cards and some silicone

Next on the list in no particular order:

Downpipe and sports cat/decat

supersize tip

Intercooler (may consider uprated smic as will be adding wmi when it gets mapped)

coilovers/shocks and springs

Induction kit or smoothed airbox + panel filter

Then if im feeling flush hybrid turbo + 380cc injectors

post-90094-0-14028200-1383596146_thumb.jpg

post-90094-0-34321100-1383596172_thumb.jpg

post-90094-0-04115700-1383596181_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

not sure on the seats yet, they are being delivered some time before friday, however i have noticed since ordering they are not the ones i wanted! i thought they were the same as the mk4 golf/a3/cupra r 210 seats but they arent. gutted but they will do for now

To be ordered tomorrow: R-tech bundle- Supersize tip cone filter, sai blank, resistors and coil pack cover delivered for £260

so      £2100

r-tech bundle ordered, pro alloy fmic ordered, decat ordered

pro alloy: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221311085413?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

£330 delivered

decat: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111203634550?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

£51 delivered   (from big-toze on here, thanks)

Approx £100 extra labour

SO......... £2481 

mapping and coilovers to do with £519 left- easy, who needs brakes

mapping booked: Badger 5 custom stage 2 map £360 booked for 13/12/13 hopefully will see some decent power out of it

so £2841

Will be ordering some JOM coilovers next- £169 + 60 fitting so will be a grand total of £3070, £70 over budget, not bad i reckon.

Wont be keeping track of any more costs as will be all cosmetic now.

Will add some pictures when i figure out how to do it, car should be all together by end of next week ready for a machine polish, lifeshine and a wheel refurb, might leave the coilovers and the 18s until after the winter, depends how gay it looks on its 16 inch wheels

Do the cheap JOM kits come with the ARB brackets on them? I'd consider Prosports as an alternative?

As far as i know mate, DPM list a different kit for the vrs so assume its all good. might stretch the budget a little bit anyway as wasnt impressed with the joms on my a3, but only had them fitted for a week before i sold it

**** it i give up, why is this forum awkward for pics? or is it just me?

If doing on iPhone?.... On the pic click the i bottom right then click the bottom link in the box. Should say copied, just paste it on here then ;)

just bought diverter valve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380446105058?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

next on the list is 2.5/3.0'' cat back system if anyone has one for sale?

Also debating on colour for the wheels, i do have dome carbon fibre hydrographic film so might try that, and not sure whether to do the grille in matt black or try magic black. hmm.......

• 2 weeks later...

octyengine.jpg

Engine is in!, went to pick up the car today and realized it isnt taxed, so looked like a bit of a tit but nevermind.

Went for a quick drive, sounds nice with the supersize tip and filter, pulls okay but frankly a little disapointed with the lack of power at the top end, hopefully the mapping will wake it up (a lot). 

Also it needed a new clutch, unfortunately the mechanic put an OEM clutch in without asking me, hopefully it will hold up ok.

Labour charge is going up as the FMIC wasnt shipped with the promised modified crash bar 

Next up is paint correction, lifeshine and then fit the new interior, more pics when i get round to it.....

Edited by eggessford

Unfortunately, the intercooler is obscured by the number plate quite badly so i will be spending my weekend doing the big mouth mod ready for mapping next week.

Also the gearbox is whining, sounds like its supercharged! so will change the oil at the weekend and hopefully it holds out for a while, ****ed right off as the box has been out of the car for the last few weeks but hey ho, wasnt to know

Got this coilpack cover left over and 2 r-tech stickers if anyone wants them i will swap for new style badges, mats or whatever i get offered

20131203_2113231.jpg

• Like 1