Winter wheels and tyres on today

You're right....Just need to convince the wife and tell her we've wasted £20!! Wish me luck

Just get rid of them when you're away from home and tell her they either fell off, or where stolen! She may even TELL you it's not worth replacing if that's going to happen ;)

Not on an Octy but that's what I have at the moment.

But had a mad five minutes yesterday and bought these for the black barge:

513UbzqPXRL._SY450_.jpg

Will have to see what they're like once they're on I guess  :sweat:

Looks nice on paper!

If you pop them in the oven on a low heat, the gel badges should soften and sag to the correct contour. The plastic used has a low melting point. I did this on a badge I needed to put on a motorbike part. It worked a treat. Start low and work up the temperature though!

Whilst I wasn't brave enough to stick my plastic caps in the oven I did nuke them with the wife's hairdryer to the point they turned sticky!

When they cooled I still got the same effect as Wardy with them lifting around the edges.

Boo :thumbdown:

• Like 1

All we need now is some cold weather

Some is forecast at the weekend than back to a balmy 9C the week after

Think I'll need a new set of winters by the time the cold weather arrives, they only had 5-6 mm when I put them on 2 weeks back...

The hubcaps that try to look like alloys don't tend to work when fitted, from the ones I've seen.

But best of luck :thumbup:

That's what I'm worried about.  But then it's only for the winter, then back to the Themistos.  Just never really got on with the naked steelies look.  The bolt covers help a bit but thought I'd give these a try.  Will post up some pics once they're on.

Yes 13 degrees C in balmy Newcastle once again as well as in Belfast above.

Wheelspin at junctions again - should i switch back to summers!!!!!

Seriously get ready for a broadside from anti winter tyres brigade.

They tell you to drive to the conditions when on summer tyres, when it gets icy and snowy and everything will be fine and you'll magically find grip and traction.

So just do the reverse ;)