Wrap on roof?

hmmmm

I'm thinking of getting my roof wrapped in black and maybe the spoiler too.

What mod is it classed as for insurance purposes and do i need to contact the DVLA and send my V5 back stating that there is some black on the car or does it not matter as it would only be wrap?

It's a cosmetic mod and your insurer will probably want to know about it even if they don't charge for it. As for notifying DVLA, you'll only need to do that if you're changing the colour of the car.

Am I correct in saying that you can Wrap a car in a completely different colour but theres no need to inform the DVLA as the wrap is not permanent 

When calling the insurance to declare windscreen sticker she said that category would go under (Removal Signage/Magnetic) or something.. basically stickers etc

Didn't cost any extra to declare it

I've not ONCE been pulled for having a full vinyl wrap. Of course I have informed my insurers; no problem at all there. As for the DVLA - no need to inform them as it isn't a permanent change. That's only required if the car has been resprayed.

It is so easy to inform the DVLA or a Colour Change, even if it is only for a Wrap. 

Remove the Wrap, then just change back or change the 'Information being held to the current colour'.

The information coming up on ANPR is of the Main Colour of a vehicle.

I have been stopped after doing Colour Change Resprays & before the V5 has had the change processed.

Not having ever ONCE been stopped with a Colour Change Wrap is possibly only a case of Your Vehicle not catching the attention of a Human Being

Possibly because the Car Pinged nothing, and an Officer never looked and thought, that is coming up as Red & it is Blue.

Or you have not been pulled in at a VOSA Check Point.

Unlikely they are going to do anything,other than advise you to do the 'Change with the DVLA',  but it is likely to step up their interest & checks.

(i have the Tshirt.)

I have never notified of a Roof change or even a 2 tone paint job/colour change where the bulk of the vehicle is as shown on the V5.

?? Has anyone the link to the DVLA site were it says 'Temporary Colour Changes need not be Notified.

Only Permanent  changes.'?

'Drive on the Public Highway with a Vehicle of a different Colour from that we hold on our Data Base.'

http://colourmycar.net/frequently-asked-questions

george