Air intake unplugged

nickabrahs

Having purchased my mk1 vrs in May this is my first winter with the fabia, so decided to take advantage of an offer at eurocarparts and bought a full set of upgraded osram bulbs (low full and side).

Fitted then this morning. Turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it might. Drivers side easy. Removing the light cover on the passenger side made that just as easy!

But anyway whilst there I noticed that the air intake pipe had detached from the intake in the grill. Immediately put it back on but I have no idea how this would have done it itself and am wondering if it might have been like that since I bought it (first service next week funnily enough). I haven't spent much time under the bonnet, over the summer I hard wired a new ignition switched 12v supply in the drivers glovebox, interior LEDs and did the brakes.

Has anyone experienced this before or know why it would be advantageous to detach the intake pipe?

Cheers

Nick

Posted Image

Posted Image

On mine I noticed it was very close to falling off, i think it just works its self loose because it was deffo not like that when i first got it.

I'd keep an eye on it or use some black eletrical tape like i did :)