TT Strut Brace Fittings

hi all

has anybody used a bolt & captive nut setup to fit the brace or is the nut & bolt setup the best to go for, I want to use the captive nut setup for easy removal if needed,  I have got 13mm m8 bolts & the captive nuts to fit, would these be suitable to use or would m10 bolts & nuts be the better option? any advice would be great as I cant seem to find any topics on here where this setup is used

cheers

Presume you mean the lower brace??

If so I have used the supplied captive nuts and it's all good

no he means upper brace buddy as no reason why the lower brace captive nuts and bolts won't work.

hi

its the upper brace, I just want to no if the captive nut setup will be strong enough to take the load & not pull out of the strut tops

I wish i did this too as if you use bolts and nuts need to get under the arch to undo them.

should be strong enough the lower brace gets just as much stress. I think captive nuts is best option and cleanest...

• 1 month later...