Wing mirrors do they dip

Have a 2.00TDi Elegance but miss the dip on the wing mirrors in reverse as I had on the MK2 FL Anyone know if it is possible to have them??

It is possible, just needs adjustment made via vcds i believe but could be wrong :).

Turn the mirror to London and engage reverse.

Adjust your mirror to the reverse position you want, take it out of reverse and it should return to where it was.

Depends when the car was built, it wasn't activated on mine.

It is now though, and I have a tick box for it on the MIB Columbus (unlike the displaying of speed signs on the Columbus, I can't find that option yet!)

So, if the above doesn't work it needs enabling with VCDS. You can ask your dealer to enable it, but they probably won't know how to.

Or you can come round my house and I'll do it for you :-)

That reminds me, I need to grab screenshots of some of these adaptations ............

• Like 1

It is now though, and I have a tick box for it on the MIB Columbus (unlike the displaying of speed signs on the Columbus, I can't find that option yet!)

So, if the above doesn't work it needs enabling with VCDS. You can ask your dealer to enable it, but they probably won't know how to.

That reminds me, I need to grab screenshots of some of these adaptations ............

:) :)

Going to try this, but I can be a bit dim.

Am I correct in my thinking, turn the mirror to L for left put my DSG into reverse and adjust the mirror, put the mirror switch to 0 and put the car into neutral and the mirror moves back to where I had it.

Hey andyvee, can you tell me how to get started with VCDS codes if I want to activate that and a few other 'hidden' features? What do I need and where do I buy it? I am a technically minded person and I have lots of programming experience but I just need to get started.

A genuine Ross Tech VCDS cable, you need a Hex+Can or a micro-Can one. Have a Google for Gendan Automotive, they are a UK distributor.

Once you have that, Google is your friend :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Ups more expensive than I thought :think: Thanks anyway mate!