Hello Felicia owners, can any one help with a wiring diagram for the front electric windows on a 1.6 GLXI 1999.  The car had electric windows fitted at the factory, but the previous owner had ripped them out and converted back to manual winder windows, god only knows why!

The thing is I have aquired a passenger and drivers side electric window regulator and the switches where in the car when I bought it.  The thing is I want to fit the Felicia with leccy windows once again.  The Haynes manual has no diagrams for the leccy windows.  I have a ELSA manual for the VAG cars but I can not suss out how to use it to find the right stuff.

Does any other Felicia owner or owners have any advice or info about the leccy window wiring?  I would be most gratefull if some one can help.

Also I have a lot of odds and sods spares for the 1.6 and would like to find good homes for the little blighters at a nominal fee.  If interested please contact me.

Thank you for your time in reading this and good night for now.  Muggykipper.

Edited by muggykipper

The Haynes manual doesn't cover well the equipment upgrades after January 1998. The only manual I trust is the last revision of factory manual (sadly it's in Russian). So I made a translated one-page wiring compilation for you. Enjoy.

PW_zps574232e4.jpg

• 6 months later...

I have finally got round to attempting to fit the electric windows on the front of the car.  Had the door cards off, mounting holes are there for the mechanical bits of the electric windows.  One problem though, the motors of the electric windows only have 2 wires on them each.  The switches have a multitude of wires coming off of them.  The diagram posted by adurer shows lots and lots of wires, too many wires and I am very confused.  I think I am missing something, I have both front left and right power window regulators and OEM Felicia window switches.  Is there some thing else I need like a control module that serves the windows?  There is a fuse in number 18 on the fuse box as, I understand this is for electric windows.  The loom is not present because I have found out the car came from the factory with manual windows, electric where fitted by a previous owner these packed up and the manual windows where re-fitted.  Can I just run a live and negative to each window? and do the window switches reverse the polarity so they go up and then down when the switch is pressed at top and then bottom or vice versa.  Any help or advice most warmly received and appreciated.

You will find thats a bocsh kit in your car there is a relay behind glove box for the windows... all the switch does is swap wires around... the blue and black are for the motors for the better bocsh kit the oem ones tend to snap... try to use the wires there... as for the wiring on this there is a brown wire and two wires one live fuse 19 and another switched one and red one from switchs to relay hope this helps....

I have had a look behind the glove box, can not find a relay though.  There are a couple of un-connected connectors,four to be precise and on the fuse box there is a vacant socket wth four terminals.  Confused I am any one shed any light as to what my next plan of action is?

Yellow ones passanger side air bag white one seat belt light black ones the airbag link wire. Looked at the fuse box and I don't see the wires for the bosch kit so I think it must off been removed or its on the acc loom ie door mirrors central locking loom is there wires where the switches are and is there any in the doors... I will try to help you on this....

No wires in doors, other than central locking and electric mirrors.  I have a feeling that this car has never had electric windows fitted in the first place, the previous owner has been telling porky pies.  No wires or loom to where window switches fit behind gear knob in centre console.  Looks like I am going to have to retro fit the electric windows, but have not got a clue how to wire them up with the OEM switches I have.  Help please!

• Like 1

The red live wires covered with the condom?  Yes that is part of the original loom, looks like a Durex but is a clear plastic cover thingy.

for those in the know, what code has that 'connection' on Felicia wiring diagrams?

I will look at mine when I swap them over from fun to car the switch side and relay side is easy on the kit I got from a local skoda garage...

how many wires the motors got...

They where a added extra and only on some limited edition specs

not even my slxi air con spec

IIRC the switches have 8 connectors (4 pairs)......

1 pair is to illuminate the switch (run into the dash lighting circuit)

1 pair is power out,  + -

2 pairs are power in, 1 will be + -, the other - +. This way the motor will go upwards or downwards depending on which way the switch it pressed (polarity reversal)

Scratch that, info already provided.

Here are some photo's of the Felicia window switches.  I think I have finaly sussed how to wire every thing just about.. The blue and black wires are the feeds to the window motors, the brown and red wires are for the feed from the fuse box to the switches and the light grey wires are for the switch illumination.  Ok you will notice that the wires have been cut by nasty salvage yard man.  For the feed from the fuse box does one switch feed off of the other one for power in?  Will I need a relay for the windows?  There is a 15amp fuse in postion 18 on the fuse box, I gather that is for electric windows would that be correct?  The window motors have two wires black and blue.  Checked every thing with a 12v supply and a multimeter and lo and behold all the switches do when presssed up is correct polarity and when pressed down reverse polarity or vice versa depend which way up the switch is or if you connect live to negative or live to live if that makes sense.

Can you help with relay question please, running the live from the fuse box is easy and tapping in to the dash lighting feed is easy and running all the cables no problem.

It has taken me a year to suss this out, with the most welcome help from every body that replied to my original post about the windows and I think that is patently obvious this car has never had electric windows fitted ever.

Another thing the car has central locking, but only on the front doors.  Was every thing a optionall extra on the Felicia? More money for Skoda.

post-104966-0-42896300-1405111043_thumb.jpg

post-104966-0-57526400-1405111044_thumb.jpg

post-104966-0-92812500-1405111045_thumb.jpg

post-104966-0-59990100-1405111046_thumb.jpg

post-104966-0-76954500-1405111046_thumb.jpg

post-104966-0-97413200-1405111046_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I have found out that the Bosch two wire window motors have a relay built in to them.  Could any one confirm if this is indeed the case, before I attempt to fit them and wire them up.  Your feedback and comments would be most appreciated.

Mine has a relay in glove box that switchs on with ignition and goes to the switch power wire and two wires in to fuse box and motors come from switch... mine does not have the wire for the lights tho mine are on all the time